HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

DOLA'S VALCOURT HAS INTERESTING LEGACY THOUGHTS...READ!

DOLA'S VALCOURT HAS INTERESTING LEGACY THOUGHTS...READ!

Postby kompamagazine » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:35 am

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: NEXT YEAR will be 10 years for DOLA MIZIK in the industry. If we were writing a CHAPTER in terms of what the band has done in the business for the 10 years...or 9 years PLUS....what would the chapter say in terms of LEGACY?
VALCOURT: "Dola Mizik, a Musical reference in the konpa world of today's HMI... It's no secret for no one that Dola Mizik has produced among the best konpa albums in the haitian music industry, and still remains as reference for many musicians. Something that all of us in the band are very proud of."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: If DOLA were to call it quits today....would u be satisfied with what you describe as your LEGACY?
VALCOURT: "Oh No... On the contrary I'm just getting started. My mission in the music world is way bigger than Dola. Understand that there's a whole new generation of young and extremely talented artists/musicians out there, and there's no one willing to create a platform for this coming generation. Everybody tells you the music is dying but they'll give you every excuse as to why they're not helping. I'm not looking forward to being remembered as superstar; I lived that life already spending over 5 years with one of the most successful haitian konpa bands, travelling the world PHANTOMS. I want to remembered as one of the few who helped put another generation of haitian musicians on the map of our musical history. One of the very few who helped change our music industry for the better.

The Industry won't live long if we don't invest our talents in the future. We need to start creating YOUNG NEW SUPERSTARS....Artists my 13 year old daughter can relate to. They need their Haitian Justin Bieber too. You tell me how old is the youngest Haitian Superstar... I'll wait."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: More interested in leaving your mark as an individual producer of young talent....rather than that of DOLA as a band?
VALCOURT: "Absolutely not. Like I said, Dola is also part of what I want to accomplish as my legacy. I take the band as seriously as anything else I do in the music industry, It's unfortunate that Dola faces such obstacles through its path, but that doesn't put my band any less important than everything else that I intend to do in the music business.

I am a music producer, arranger, a keyboard player, a live and recording engineer, a singer and a performer. There's no such thing as to what I would rather do or not. Thing is, I'm gonna do everything, meaning put all my God given gifts to the benefits of my music so I can help assure the future for the younger generation. I meant to say I'm gonna put all my God given talents to the benefits of our music."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: DOLA'S VALCOURT HAS INTERESTING LEGACY THOUGHTS...READ!

Postby Jay Brooklyn » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:56 am

Maestro, anpil respè pou talent ou ak accomplishments ou lan biznis la. You are one of the best that we have and I am grateful to know you personally and have had conversations with you about music.
Men, kom ou konnen, mwen pap janm pardone w pou bagay Dola saa. Ou finn komanse yon si bel project epi ou lage l lan route.
Ou finn promet nou yon Dola epi ou pa menm bagay nou 2 gouden..
Antouka, m still ap tann change lan e fok ou banm li ak interest.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Jay Brooklyn

Postby 1Lov' » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:31 am

Se sal ye wi Maes..
We've had this type of conversion on many occasions..
Jean Max Valcourt is a Very, Very Accomplished Musician..He's a 10 in My Book.
A Cream of the Crop from the Northern Side of Beautiful Haiti, someone I've learned a Lot from in this business.
Cesaire-Conde-Ceide Guitar Asylum, NYC District
1Lov'

Postby Yef » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:21 am

That Dola album still resonates with me. I wished Dola was more active in the HMI.
Yef

Postby jay1804 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:28 pm

Anpil Nostalgie Maestro avek Phantoms sa. Apre yon tan se yon lot tan.

Do-La Mizik, man. Mwen juste pa konpran why and how Do-La is not one of the TOP bands in the HMI. always come out with solid work. BEL MIZIK. I agree with him, it seems like there's a serious shift in our music. I say in 25 years or less; the "HARDCORE" konpadirek style will vanish. And its happening already, Rap Kreyol have taken over the airwaves in Haiti. Bands like JBeatz, 5LAN (no disrespect), are packing night clubs while System Band, Zenglen, and other Kompa Direk bands paka jwen kontra pou yo jwe. sad to says but it's happening.

I have lots of old Live System Band(thanks to GalaMix in Miami) :D during Ti Mitou days, old Zenglen, lots of Phantoms to enjoy for many years to come. :D
The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection .:
jay1804

Postby shah » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:09 am

Maximum,
I appreciate your efforts and your contributions to our music. No matter what obstacles that you are facing with this industry, remember that it was worst then it is today. Today our young talents have a platform to express themselves and make music independently. The hardest part is to have talents like yourself who will do whatever it takes to keep that music alive. Past generations were not as lucky as you guys today. Keep doing what you are doing. If there is no more Dola album, but those two Dola albums will serve me well for years to come. Thanks maestro. Kompa Direk Devan.
shah

Postby gentleman1 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:47 am

Mpajanm konpran kouman yon Jazz tankou Dola Pa dekole... Ak kalite mizik neg sa yo ap delivre. Eske c mantalite yo bon yo pa bezwen promosion? Antouka gro bout tonton jazz ak anpil gro mizisyen

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
gentleman1

Postby 1Lov' » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:17 pm

Mpajanm konpran kouman yon Jazz tankou Dola Pa dekole... Ak kalite mizik neg sa yo ap delivre. Eske c mantalite yo bon yo pa bezwen promosion? Antouka gro bout tonton jazz ak anpil gro mizisyen

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Ou Pap janm konpran brother,,
Zafe les Zom lan HMI sa se Miste' :( :(
1Lov'

Postby SIROMYEL » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:14 pm

Unfortunately the first dola album was my favorite.

Amazing music on that album.

Neg yo chanjé still jazz lab sou 2eme album nan I don't know why. But li pa Jane rivé sou

If there was a third one I have not heard it.
SIROMYEL

Postby 1Lov' » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:19 am

Unfortunately the first dola album was my favorite.

Amazing music on that album.

Neg yo chanjé still jazz lab sou 2eme album nan I don't know why. But li pa Jane rivé sou

If there was a third one I have not heard it.
Pitit ou fin pale
Se te premye album nan ki te ralem metem lan Gwo Bout Djaz sa wi..
( Yo se Fanm, Majenou, Avec Toi, Lambi) 4 Gwo Bout mizik ki te ka fe Gwo Hit, men les Zom Fokeu lan HMI sa.(No $ = No Honey) ;) ;)
And I Do understand , it's all about Promotion ( Depatman sa pat gen moula lan main'l). :( :(
1Lov'

MUSIC