HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

Rommy Florista aka Pozo, born to play..

Rommy Florista aka Pozo, born to play..

Postby shah » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:39 am

The ingenuity of an artist is when he or she knows in order to lead the pack; their craft has to be perfected to precision. Konpa Direk is a rhythm musical genre where the guitar lines have to be in sync in order for us the fans to feel the momentum and dance to that rhythm. The inventors of that music Nemours Jean Baptiste knew it too well back then. If you want people to get up and shake their booty, the rhythm has to be calibrated to perfection.

Rommy Florista aka Pozo didn’t get here without a long journey. He played briefly with the band of the real King of Coupe Cloure back in the mid-90s. Then he embarked on a long road with his former band Zenglen along with the prodigy none other than Maestro Richie. Today Mr. Floristal is a proud original member and owner of my beloved Klass.

This piece is simply to crystallize the man and his wicked grooves. I call him the assassin “a la guitar”. Pozo has learned at an early age that a guitar will be two things in his life: first, this guitar will take him around the world and back and two; he wants to become a well-defined guitarist and a model musician which one day, a young musician can proudly say that Pozo was my role model.

Pozo is the type that lets his play does all the bragging and talking. His prowess on the guitar is sensible and gritty. Evidently, if one witnesses this man on stage then you know that he had made his marks in this music and continue to do so as he evolves.

Based on my ears, I can tell you; this man has a wicked way of harmonizing this guitar to make that unique klass sound to resonate in my head again and again. Every now and then especially in my down time and golden silence I find myself humming those groovy touches from his days with Zenglen in songs like: “BS production” to Klass: “Move Siyal or Petit Deyo”.

Pozo, I salute you for your sleepless nights while looking for many ways to harmonize those six chords on the guitar for my dancing and listening pleasure. Please, keep the grooves coming my brother.

Written by Jason Accime

shah

Re: Rommy Florista aka Pozo, born to play..

Postby jay1804 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:09 pm

Well said brother
The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection .:
jay1804

MUSIC