HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

Jean-Pierre Francisque: JP aka Ti Bebe…

Jean-Pierre Francisque: JP aka Ti Bebe…

Postby shah » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:58 am

Jean-Pierre Francisque, JP for short aka Ti BB is the name that resonates loudly and proudly when Klass becomes the subject of a conversation among konpa lovers, fans and musicians alike in the industry. JP is a versatile and talented musician among the best who is merciless towards the competition.

In a nutshell, this is how Jean-Pierre Francisque got in the game. Jean-Pierre Francisque was born in Port-Au prince, Haiti. JP was fortunate enough to be taught by Jean Roland of the group Ozone of Gary Didier Perez how to play the keyboard. Then it was the beginning of a long tenure in the industry before he ended up with the best band on the market, Klass.

Jean-Pierre Francisque JP’s journey as a keyboardist began when he first joined Boukan Adjae in 1995. He then played with Imaj Konpa from 1999 to 2001. Imaj Konpa was a musical group that was comprised of reputable musicians like guitarist Didi Santana of Djakout #1 and Frero Jean Baptiste of Zenglen. Although, Imaj konpa didn’t make any big splash in the industry, however, Imaj had the opportunity to exhibit their talents and JP was part of that experience.

In addition, Jean-Pierre Francisque joined the famous group Koujay in 2000. Thereafter, he migrated to the United States. He became a member of “Watchout", a musical band originated in Boston, MA from 2005 to 2012. In 2013, when JP bonded with the beloved Klass at that moment, then he found stability under the leadership of maestro Richie.

JP is low-key kind of guy. He is polite and easy going. Some of our musicians so-called superstars are somewhat conceited but not JP. He is approachable and that’s where his strength lies. I guess his parents thought him well. It's also an admiration to watch him on stage. JP is eclectic when he in on the keyboard. He can hold the microphone to blow a note here and there. His focus on the keyboard is indispensable to Klass contagious grooves and the “gouyad” for the fans. JP is a quiet individual by nature, however, don't let that quietness fools you when he is doing his Ti BB act on stage.

Jean-Pierre quietly vilifies his existence as a ferocious keyboardist who is not intimidated by anyone in the market. JP is proactive who is looking to improve his skills as a musician. He is also a prolific keyboard player whose sole intention is to continually progress and keep the competition in check.

Nonetheless, the admirable attribute to JP is the long list of playing experience that he gathers during his tenure in the music industry which enables him to mature as a man and a human being. He is a great asset to Klass.

I asked JP to name a role model in the industry that he admires the most and he quickly replies Ansito Mercier whom we know to be a living legend. Ansito will be gratified to hear such a compliment. “Get well Ansito from JP”.

So the congenial consensus to be a qualified instrumentalist is to know your instrument as a perfectionist. That being said if I were to define this young man, I would say, JP has the "velvet touch”. JP has the potential to raise the bar and become himself a role model to another breed of musicians in our industry. Furthermore, the sky is the limit whether JP is playing Rasin, Konpa Direk, Jazz etc…

JP I thank you for the opportunity to tell your story and being a member of my beloved Klass. I am looking forward to hearing more of your velvet touches on the sophomore Klass CD. Thus, it’s my expectations to hear your name one day among the greats who ever played the keyboard like living legends such as Ansito Mercier and Richard Duroseau.

Written by Jason Accime

shah

Re: Jean-Pierre Francisque: JP aka Ti Bebe…

Postby Gaston Le St-Ardien » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:47 am

Nice break down of JP biography. It's very informative too.
Gaston Le St-Ardien

MUSIC