HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

JBEATZ "New Beginning" CD Song by Song review!

JBEATZ "New Beginning" CD Song by Song review!

Postby kompamagazine » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:14 pm

*NEW BEGINNING: Track that kicks off the cd in which the person in question is saying that they are ready to START AGAIN IN THE LOVE DEPARTMENT. It's basically a "GET YOU IN THE MOOD" song to set up the CD. I would term it as an excellent appetizer to get you ready for the main course. Very catchy appetizer.

*FANM KREYOL featuring Masterbrain & Wendyy: Commercial track driven by the keyboard about the value of a FANM KREYOL. Nice guitar in the middle there before MASTERBRAIN comes in with his rap. DANCE FLOOR READY...GOUYAD CERTIFIED. Great work by Masterbrain and Wendyy on the raps. The song ends leaving you begging for more. Can't wait to see if the band will perform this one "LIVE". RADIO will pick this one up for sure, especially those looking for something DIFFERENT from the artist.

*DI M YON MO: The song that got my attention the most when I first heard the CD. I like the vibe, I like the message, I like the beat, I like the melody....I basically like this song a whole lot. That's the song that I asked the artist to make sure that he pushes...so that it does not suffer the same fate as "Beautiful" from his last CD. Can easily be one of the favorites on the CD, and it has that JBEATZ "signature" formula that the fans love a lot.

*MPA MANDE MAL POU OU feat. Atys Panch: This song is doing well so far on the market. I think it was a great pick as the first single because it has that "Mayi Moulin" sound to it that is totally different than the usual JBeatz sound. It is catchy, danceable, and also has a message that a lot of people can relate or connect to....talking about an ex-girlfriend/boyfriend. It will be hard to find too many people that don't have an ex. I like the SARCASM behind the song as well....as it has different intentions than the title.

*CINDERELLA feat. Mainytouch & Masterbrain: Solid song that showcases what is known as the JBEATZ sound. Good solid track. "Will you be my Cinderella...Oh My God....Jan w bel aswe a". Catchy. Good cameo by both guest artists. Cool track.

*SOVE AYITI featuring Esther Surpris: Esther makes her entrance on that song with a "WOW" vocal salute....not sure if there was any effect on the voice or not; having said that...it caught my attention. As the title suggests, it is a track about LET'S CHANGE HAITI for the better. Nice message accompanied by a nice compas track. GREAT MESSAGE. Ti PICK guitar shines on this track.

*NAP RET SOUDE: What stands out to me from this track is THE GROOVE. The groove on this one is VERY DJ FRIENDLY. Not sure who sings this song with JBeatz because it is not announced (must be group's other vocalist)....but all the vocals and message on this track will be ignored because of THE GROOVE. DANSE PLOGUE HEAVEN.

* CUPID: Music sa rive sou mwen from the very first time I heard it. VERY CATCHY. The words/melodies are beautiful. The kind of track that the ladies that follow JBEATZ will eat up like candy. A cool "I'm in love feeling" song. I couldn't stop jamming to it. One of the best on the CD.

*BECAUSE I MISS YOU: Song that JBeatz dedicated to his wife who passed away not too long ago. Tear jerker.

*TE AMO (BONUS): Spanish version of his "Beautiful" song.....as JBEATZ sets his sights on a piece of the Spanish market. BUSINESS MOVE.

NOTES: I like the fact that JBEATZ answered his critics by delivering 3 songs that sound totally different than what most people usually call the JBEATZ sound. The songs "M Pa mande mal pou ou", "Fanm Kreyol", and "Sove Ayiti". I expect the first two to do very well for the group/artist "LIVE". That should give the artist a breather with the critics that say that most of his songs sound similar.

I also like the fact that he did NOT abandon his bread and butter style....SA KI METE L KOTE LI YE A. The CD is well balanced in that way.

*DON'T UNDERSTAND why it was necessary to have Master Brain on 2 different tracks. Don't get me wrong, he is very good, but I would have kept him on "Cinderella" only, and left WENDYY by himself on "Fanm Kreyol"....or vice-versa. Nevertheless, he delivered on both tracks.

*MY FAVORITE SONGS ON THE CD are "Di m yon Mo", "Cupid", "M Pa Mande Mal pou ou", and "Fanm Kreyol".....but having said that, I like the CD a whole lot. JBEATZ understands that he is doing BUSINESS, so he did a little tweaking in terms of the different musical palettes that he offers on his musical menu....to open up MORE BUSINESS for his BUSINESS.

Another major move that I think is HUGE for his business is the addition of TI PICK (Guitar) and LOBERTHO (Keyboards) to the LIVE band. They delivered on this CD, nd I saw them LIVE recently....they delivered.

I do STRONGLY SUGGEST that you get your hands on this CD. JBEATZ stepped up to the plate in a major way, and the results have surely started coming in so far...all you have to do is look at the group's LIVE calendar schedule, which indicates that promoters DO foresee this CD doing well for the artist and his group. CONGRATS JBEATZ......

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC