HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

RICHIE KLASS & ARLY NU LOOK might want to LOOK AWAY from....

RICHIE KLASS & ARLY NU LOOK might want to LOOK AWAY from....

Postby kompamagazine » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:18 pm

_________

RICHIE KLASS & ARLY NU LOOK might want to LOOK AWAY from....(READ BELOW THE PICTURE)

For most of the industry, when you put the names RICHIE and ARLY LARIVIERE together, it is usually to sing their praises and to rave about how they are the HEART & SOUL of the current HMI....however IN THIS INSTANCE...when we asked a couple of top musicians in certain bands, as well as a couple of promoters, KLASS & NU LOOK on an equal level ARE THE 2 BANDS WHO GIVE THE MOST TROUBLE in terms of OPENING/CLOSING 2 band parties.

There were a couple of musicians who defended both bands...but MOST AGREED that KLASS and NU LOOK "almost never" want to OPEN 2 band parties. THEY DID NOT WANT TO USE THEIR NAMES PUBLICLY for this (We understand)......here are a couple of quotes below.

*MUSICIAN #1: "It doesn't matter if your group might have a huge hit or more, or if your band might be hotter than them. NO MATTER WHAT, they both ALWAYS want to CLOSE the 2 band parties. If they don't close for 1 party, it had to do with us giving tremendous pressure to the promoters in question. That's not fair. It should not have to be like that."

*MUSICIAN #2: "It's almost as if the promoters that are using NU LOOK and KLASS have an unwritten or unspoken code with those bands, which they are made to understand that WE CLOSE THE SHOW or you might have trouble booking us for future gigs. These promoters fall for that pressure every time. I can possibly name only 2/3 promoters in the business who DON'T fall for that pressure from those 2 bands, after that no one else dares to challenge that."

*MUSICIAN #3: "You might have a verbal agreement with one of the leaders of these bands that this time they will open the show because I am trying to introduce a new CD, or because my songs are doing very well out on the market now; and after they agree on something with you, the next thing you know, the PROMOTER is telling you something else or different than what you had already agreed on with the band leaders. It turns out that at the end, the promoter tells you that THEY are being forced to ask you to play first by....THEM."

*MUSICIAN #4: "We all are HOT or WARM or COLD during different periods in the business. It happens to every band; but in the eyes of these 2 bands KLASS and NU LOOK....SE YO KI TOUJOU DEVAN...SA VLE DI SE YO KI POU TOUJOU AP FÈMEN BAL. I am sorry to say that they need to understand that all the other bands in the business are NOT opening acts for Nu Look and Klass."

Some interesting observations there from certain musicians from other bands......A SUIVRE I guess!

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC