HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

PALM BEACH HAITIAN AMERICAN FESTIVAL TALK WITH.....

PALM BEACH HAITIAN AMERICAN FESTIVAL TALK WITH.....

Postby kompamagazine » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:47 am

We spoke to the top dog at the PALM BEACH HAITIAN AMERICAN FESTIVAL today. Check it out.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: In your opinion, how does the PALM BEACH FESTIVAL differ from the Orlando Caribbean Festival?
FRANTZ of PALM BEACH FESTIVAL: "Palm Beach Haitian American Festival is not different from Orlando Festival at all. The two festivals have a lot of similarities. Line up is pretty much the same, and the attendees are about the same. The only difference is the location and the setup. The Orlando fest was covered so if it rains, it won't affect the show from happening. Also the sponsors and vendors setup. The sponsors & vendors were all the way in the back. They did not feel like they were a part of the show.

The location of Palm Beach Haitian American Fest is completely outdoor. My sponsors and vendors are a part of the show. They watched and enjoyed the show just like everyone else last year. Having said that, Orlando fest was a very successful event in my opinion. Orlando festival and Palm Beach Haitian American are the two festivals that are connected. The Orlando Fest promoter and myself are working together to make the two festivals bigger and better."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: In terms of POPULARITY for all the festivals in the HMI in the U.S,, AS OF TODAY, where do you think PALM BEACH FESTIVAL ranks?
FRANTZ of PALM BEACH FESTIVAL: "Well you have to understand this will be the Palm Beach Haitian American Festival's 3rd edition, so we are still working to make the people aware of Palm Beach Haitian Fest. We are still in the making of our the festival. For example the people already know automatically Labor weekend is in New York, Haitian flag day is Miami, so, I also want people to know July 4th weekend is Palm Beach Haitian Fest.

What I can tell you is that Palm Beach Haitian American Fest is the last big event for the Summer before all the major bands go to Haiti. This year, I have people from New York, Canada, Georgia and Haiti that are coming to Palm Beach Haitian American Fest."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC