HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

VALCOURT on if he felt CAVÉ pressure producing VAYB CD!

VALCOURT on if he felt CAVÉ pressure producing VAYB CD!

Postby kompamagazine » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:33 am

We asked JEAN MAX VALCOURT the following question below.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: How much pressure was on your shoulders producing MICKAEL GUIRAND/VAYB, knowing that many people had said that RICHARD CAVE was the only one that had the ingredient for Mickael in the studio?

JEAN MAX VALCOURT: "Well it was more of an enjoyable and fun experience, didn't feel no pressure at all. I did the basic procedure of what a producer does before I start working with an artist, we communicate, we talk, I listen so I can understand better the artist's vision and that's what Mickael and i did before getting our hands dirty. Knowing the caliber of a great producer like Richard I worked in a way where Mike would be satisfied of the musical approches and arrangements that I offered him; while he was very helpful and felt free to express himself in the music as well, and I was happy that he was satisfied.

It was a great a experience and an honor to work with such talented musicians like Mickael Guirand, Shedly Abraham, Jude Delouches, Ti Ben Guirand, Wanito, Scooby, Noldy, etc... Vayb album is different from most albums out there because of its variety of arrangements and orchestration and that's one thing i wanted form the beginning and I'm glad It was noticed by everyone who listened to it. I'm personally happy."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC