HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

SCOOBY VAYB: VIBING with VAYB's keyboardist regarding.....

SCOOBY VAYB: VIBING with VAYB's keyboardist regarding.....

Postby kompamagazine » Thu May 10, 2018 11:45 am

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Many months have gone by since you took the important decision of leaving your group to go join VAYB. How is that working out in your opinion? Any regrets?
SCOOBY: "There's no regrets but lessons learned. My departure from my previous group was very hard due to the fact that my brother (the drummer) was left behind, my ex business partners jsuave and alfredo who I've known for years had taken a major hit from this as wel,l and had to find a new replacement. As far as my experience with VAYB, I must say that it's been nothing but great things in terms of dealing with new people in a different environment/division. MG, Shedly Abraham, and Jeanmax Valcourt being a great mentor in terms of my playing, and friends/family/fans of Scooby just being a huge support with me joining the new team."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: With so many new bands in New York City fighting trying to make it, what makes you think that your group has what it takes to be the one, or one of the ones that will make an impact in the entire industry
SCOOBY: "I mean it's obvious with MG and his experience with Kdans and Carimi, it gives us a boost in terms of popularity, match up and connections; but to keep the momentum of VAYB the marketing, street promotion and the consistency of being in the fans faces is what it takes to be one of the best in the NY market."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC