HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

VAYB: MY 6 PICKS from the CD for them to play "LIVE" first!

VAYB: MY 6 PICKS from the CD for them to play "LIVE" first!

Postby kompamagazine » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:14 am

It's pretty clear by now that "DON GUIRANDO" and VAYB gen bagay nan men yo. There is no debate there in my opinion. Right now it's time for VAYB to think "BUSINESS", and that means trying to sell their CD to the masses in the easiest way possible. One of those avenues of course is when the band plays LIVE. With so many good songs on the CD, it is VERY IMPORTANT that VAYB knows WHICH SONGS TO PUSH "FIRST" in order to get maximum results (Because just like many OTHER CDS....gen mizik KAP MOURI NAN MIN YO), and in doing that, that means that MY PICKS HERE ARE NOT "all" my favorites, but there are reasons behind EACH PICK here as you will read below.

MOST parties today are 2 BAND PARTIES, so what that means is that, at most, VAYB will probably get to play 5/6 songs at those gigs. If they are playing by themselves....THAT'S A DIFFERENT STORY. Having said that......Here we go.

1) GAME OVER: The "OBVIOUS" choice here on this list because VAYB made a music video for the song, therefore as soon as they made that move, it was pre-determined that it would be a song to sell to the public "LIVE". The video will help because it will be in people's ears/eyes a lot, which will make it easier to sell LIVE to the public. It also has that CARIMI touch in there in terms of "transition", to help bring in the Carimi fans that want to see if MICKAEL and VAYB have something musically that they can relate to.

2) JE FERAI: Not only is this a potential hit song, it also gives VAYB the opportunity to sell the talented guitarist/vocalist JUDE to the public. YON GWO ZAM POU JAZ LA! NO HESITATION, therefore this song must be served to the public as soon as possible.

3) NOU NAN LA RI A: In my opinion, THE BEST COMPAS DIRECT song on the CD. VAYB is going to need this track when playing with bands that attract the heavy compas direct fans, and this one song just might be the one that wins THOSE HARDCORE COMPAS DIRECT fans over. This MAYI MOULIN COMPAS DIRECT uptempo banger is one of the highlights of the CD, and it DESERVES to be on the LIVE PLAYLIST from the word jump. THE GUITAR and KEYBOARD GROOVES ON THIS SONG ARE FIREEEEEEEEEEEEE! Once the "LIVES" of this song starts circulating, VAYB will be surprised at how many fans THIS ONE SONG might bring them. It's a "CHOFFE PUBLIC" LA type of song.

4) ONE NIGHT STAND: Many reasons why this song must be one of the first songs that they explore LIVE; one of them being that it seems to be the one jumping off the CD in terms of getting the most positive response (At least that's the case on the KM network); and it also features the hottest solo artist in the HMI right now in Roody Roodboy. VAYB should jump on that Roodboy wave currently happening and milk that song for all its worth in the process....as quickly as possible.

5) POTO: Very catchy and very easy to sing at parties. NOT COMPLICATED, nice grooves, feel good subject to light up the mood at a party and make the fans have a good time. THIS SONG could be a HIT....IF THE BAND DECIDES TO PUSH IT. "PDH MET LUMYE SOU MWEN...TELMAN POTO VOLÈ KOURAN KA VIN PRAN PRIZ SOU MWEN". Anmweyyyyyyyy!

6) OU PA NAN PLAS MWEN: If MICKAEL "DON GUIRANDO" feels the need to explain MUSICALLY to the fans , his side of the story as to why he had to leave Carimi, i would prefer that he play THIS SONG "LIVE", instead of the more complicated "Fò m Ale". The word and music to this song are more DIRECT and TOUCHING emotionally than "Fò m Ale". I can see the crowd singing the chorus "Ou pa nan plas mwen" very easily......and gets his message across very quickly to make the public able to understand where he's coming from. IT CAN BE LIKE A CHURCH CHORUS really.

****BONUS****7) OU SOU TCHECK: This song is so hip/cool/young that I don't want it not to get noticed on the CD. That is why I would recommend it as a song to use when the band wants to give DON GUIRANDO a break on the vocals to rest his voice, so JUDE comes in and takes over with this song; or this song can be used as the first song to adjust the mixing on the stage at the beginning of the Vayb set. After that DON GUIRANDO makes his grand entrance.

PS: I would LEAVE THE CARIMI TRACKS ALONE and try to sell VAYB....but still leave the option open to use them when trying to get a difficult crowd going. Also "LANMOU FASIL" remains a favorite that can be used as well.

If the guys from VAYB want to take some of my advice here.....DEGAJE W! CONGRATS on the CD again.

PS: YES...I am aware that they have started playing "FÒ M ALE" "Live".

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC