HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

REGIMUZIK breaks silence on T-VICE: BOMBSHELL OPINION Q&A!

REGIMUZIK breaks silence on T-VICE: BOMBSHELL OPINION Q&A!

Postby kompamagazine » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:21 am

KOMPA MAGAZINE spoke to REGIMUZIK last night, and we spoke about his adventure with T-VICE. Read what he told us below.

1) KOMPA MAGAZINE: Do you plan to join any other band in the future if an offer is made, or are you done with the band business?
REGIMUZIK: "Honestly, I got a few offers, but I put my music on the side many times for band projects Pat...just gave 3 more years. Although overall, the experience was worth it, to do it again; i’d have to know my potential future partners way better (the people not the artist), before agreeing to a deal; then negociate differently to avoid the Haitian way of doing business as much as possible.

Now am i done with the band business? Unless I find a system that is well structured but, most importantly, open enough and really ready for change to genuinely give me the opportunity to express my art with a true collaboration, then i'm afraid so, yes i'm done with the band business."

2) KOMPA MAGAZINE: Is it fair or not to say that your stay with the group was a failure because it apparently did not produce the results that both sides expected?
REGIMUZIK: "I don’t know if complete failure is the word, but it if you really want me to be honest, it was chaos yes. Let's put all emotions aside Pat and this is my opinion i'm not talking for anyone else. Judgement will always be influenced by stress."

3) KOMPA MAGAZINE: So you want to elaborate on what you mean by CHAOS, and the last line.....judgement influenced by stress?
REGIMUZIK: "My arrival was a forced reaction to a situation. I was a short term decision not a well thought or a long term one. They found out Olivier was cheating last minute and they had to make a move and in order to replace him without affecting their business they needed to replace him and quick. They were stuck and I was their choice, so they contacted me. I was a 7 years senior process analyst and my daily job was to identify problems, their sources, and fix them. So I read between the lines and saw this opportunity for what it really was...Temporary. Like i said this is my opinion."

****Interview continues UNDER the picture****

4) KOMPA MAGAZINE: SO in your heart, you knew from the word GO that you would NOT be in the group for long?
REGIMUZIK: "No Pat i didn't know it was for sure, that's how i read the situation. So i was like fine i will jump and help them out regardless of how it turns out, but hoping it would not take them too long to wake up and see that I wasn't a threat and use me instead of being afraid that i would get popular and leave. So i waited but they never did...so i realized that their wounds were deeper than i thought.

Just so you know, my deal allowed me to produce music and release songs on the side and even gigs on the side. As you probably noticed, i never released anything in 3 years, and you know i have music...so why do you think? Because i wanted to be patient and didn't want to give them or the fans the impression, or a reason to think that i came to the band to get exposure, push my music and leave. Imaginew sim te gen deux videos deyo la jodia ak on 5 music deyo? Fanatik yo gentan linchem lotan, mtap gen tout nom jodia lol. Mtoujou fe afem dwat Pat, mpatapral ouvè kom nan on system ki pa montrem li bezwenm, e sim pat agi konsa jodia mpatap kite jazz saa ak tout dignitem.

Which is the most important thing for me since mpa janm tande pale de yon moun ki te entere avec million dola...mwen vreman we lavi a on lot jan so mwen te gentan fe tout ti calcul sa yo and i was patient enough. Mwen pa regret dutout kem te fel konsa. Hope this answers you.."

5) KOMPA MAGAZINE: When they released YOUR SONG as the second music video off their latest CD; would you say that was an attempt at trying to push you or not?
REGIMUZIK: "I would love to say yes...but unfortunately i can’t Pat. Pat, from my experience, a video is part of any band’s expenses and is part of their strategy. Therefore i can’t answer to tell you why they made the move. First thought can easily be aligned with the positive purpose, but i learned that nothing in this industry is ever done out of good faith...or rarely. Tout moun toujou sou kou...hypocrisie au maximum, teke pie a fet chak jou de on band a lot, which is so sad paske imaginew fos nou tap genyen sin te travay ansanm.

Mande tet ou poukisa apre plus de 50 ans de konpa poko janm gen on vre label ki cree. Chak moun se tet yo yap gere pou yo ka champion, ou premier, ou the best a n’importe qui prix...sa dommage. Eskew vreman panse Pat que li normal que nan Tenor yo, a part Carimination qui te fe on deal avec Enposib, que pa gen oken lot jazz ki pran initiative fe on label, pran ne serait-ce que on jeune talent solo travay avec yo coach yo, train yo, push yo?

Money is the only priority, the moment, today...so much that no one thinks tomorrow, future, releve, et personne ne pense vraiment au futur de la musique Haitienne. Sa sad a mort que HMI la jan nou relel la...pa menm gen on commite pou gerel, aide structurel, regularise certain bagay? Tout moun chef. So that being said, i can’t really put my hand on fire to answer your question by saying yes it was done to push me or not. The move itself out of any context..... yes definitely."

6) KOMPA MAGAZINE: Describe in 1 Word....your T-Vice adventure.....
REGIMUZIK: "Wap tuyem lol. Let me think for a second. Enlightening."

7) KOMPA MAGAZINE: Do you think anyone gave REGIMUZIK a real chance, or was everybody trying to compare you to the guy you replaced Olivier Duret....and that’s all they wanted you to be....Oli Duret numewo 2....instead of YOURSELF?
REGIMUZIK: "Hmm...i don’t believe in chances...but of course Pat they were comparing me...i can't blame fans for wanting what they’re used to, and of course i would've loved to be able to show them more of me; but then again maybe it just wasn’t the right time that's how i see it."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: REGIMUZIK breaks silence on T-VICE: BOMBSHELL OPINION Q&A!

Postby jay_nice360 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:28 pm

Antrevi atis la mete a klè anpil bagay ke m te toujou wè nan swadizan HMI sa a. Misye entèlijan wi. Se domaj entèlijans li genyen an pap ka pran plas li nan swadizan endistri sa a. M santi misye gen anpil sipriz. M swete m pa twonpe m nan sans sa a. Bòn chans atis. Gen bagay ki ka fèt. M kwè w ta dwe sou men w ase pou w konn kisa w pral fè.
jay_nice360

MUSIC