HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

NYC BANDS get this GNB message from 4 PROMOTERS on...

NYC BANDS get this GNB message from 4 PROMOTERS on...

Postby kompamagazine » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:45 pm

We asked the following questions below to 4 NYC promoters on behalf of many upcoming bands in the NYC market & more. READ BELOW.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Do NYC promoters support out of town bands MORE than LOCAL NYC Bands? Yes or no? Some NYC bands THINK so. Explain.

BOOGIE SHOWBIZ: "I wouldn't say that Patchouko. Those guys need to understand we are in the business to make money, they need to work harder to create their own following. When the promoters see they can bring a crowd, I guarantee you they will be book. The out of states bands only a few, besides NL, Tvice, Klass and Harmonik who else is getting booedk. Now you will see Gabel going to have gigs because they have a good product and they are promoting themselves more. The local bands need to work hard then they will see results.

Sorry, you will see the difference when it comes to Kai and Vayb. They will be book because they do something different. Time will tell for VAYB so far they being Booked is based on Michael's and Shedly's experience."

VLAD ENTOURAGE: "I wouldn't agree with that. It's all about what the public wants. It just happens that most top bands are from out of town. It's changing now though. Djazz NY yo ap leve pye yo. There's not one band in NYC that hasn't played at least once for me. I support them all. I don't think about rotations; I listen to the people and make up certain line ups."

RALPH "MR HAITI" RHAU BAZ: "It will always be about what the band has to offer. Enposib been there for a while it's not till this year that you see there's an interest in them, and that has to do with what they have to offer. Same goes for Kzino. I know they have a few songs, but not enough to survive a night until they drop the album. Once I see there's at least 3 songs that can work, than my interest is there.

It will always be the demand for me. Maybe out of town bands are getting booked now, and NYC bands feel a certain way, but they have to work to get there. Produce what the public needs. Something the public will embrace."

CHICO SHOWBIZ: " It's not that we support out of town bands more, it's just that the major bands are based out of town. We had one major band in NY which was Carimi. I know some might get upset at that statement but it's simple fact. Me personally most of our events always had Carimi in the lineup. Now we have KAI & VAYB, Especially KAI with a Mega album, one of those bands will always more than likely be part of any New York promoter's events. There are other NY "smaller bands" that had/has good product, unfortunately this market is tough, the listeners or the partygoers don't give them a chance to shine.

Until NY has more bands with great product it will always look like we are supporting "out of town bands" more. Bands like NuLook, TVice, Harmonik, Klass, just to name a few are all out of town. JUST BE LIKE OR "BETTER" THAN KAI & VAYB. LOL."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC