HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

GLASSES TAKEOVER BOMBSHELL on TVICE/DJAKOUT "2" NYC party!

GLASSES TAKEOVER BOMBSHELL on TVICE/DJAKOUT "2" NYC party!

Postby kompamagazine » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:12 pm

KOMPA MAGAZINE spoke to one of the original promoters of the very first T-VICE/DJAKOUT party that took place in New York in 2004....GLASSES TAKEOVER. (READ BELOW)

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: TAKEOVER was one of the teams that did the original Tvice/Djakout with great success years ago. Do you believe that the sequel that is supposed to happen in New York in September, will bring more...or less people than the original? Tell us why.

GLASSES: "Absolutely not. There is absolutely NO WAY that the party that Boogie and crew are doing in September will top the party that I and the BROTHERS did. I predict that they will probably do HALF the amount of people that we did back then. You have to understand that things were different back then. The 2 bands had HUGE BEEF and HEAT between them. WE ACTUALLY HAD TO FORCE THEM TO PLAY THAT PARTY because they did not really want to do it. They both got $25,000 EACH for doing that party. To this day, and you can ask the owner of Amazura, our party back then still holds the record for the number of people for a Haitian party. It got so packed that ME and PATCHOUKO BROTHERS had to go outside and PAY SOME PEOPLE BACK THEIR MONEY because they could not get in.

If it wasn't for TAKEOVER and BROTHERS Productions, T-VICE/DJAKOUT would have been like another TROPICANA/SEPTEN....where they would have never played with each other in a regular bal. WE MADE IT HAPPEN back then. Right now, today in 2017, it is just a regular party like Klass/Nu Look, Nu Look/Djakout, Disip/Klass and others. I stand 100% behind my statement."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC