HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

GUIRAND: THE 5 SONGS he "MUST" include on new group LIVE playlist!

GUIRAND: THE 5 SONGS he "MUST" include on new group LIVE playlist!

Postby kompamagazine » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:32 pm

MICKAEL GUIRAND will have so many choices to choose from in terms of songs from the CARIMI catalog to perform LIVE with his new band when he starts to play LIVE in a few months....he will be like a kid in a candy store. As a long time fan of Carimi's music, here is my LIST of 5 songs that he MUST include on his playlist....and of course the "important" CARIMI MEDLY of UPTEMPO SONGS as well.

It is very important also that he puts an original song or songs from his upcoming group...and perhaps an interpretation from an older generation band to shake things up.

Read below the picture.

1) *PLAYER: My absolute FAVORITE CARIMI song from the catalog...and I never stopped saying it from the word jump. Mickael Guirand's VOCALS on this track brings out another side of him that was not displayed too many times on his Carimi studio songs.....and that will also IMMEDIATELY STAMP the CARIMI "certified" label on his new group's Live performances.

2) *TCHA TCHA: "Everybody say...EEEEE....OOOO...EEE....OOO..We're gonna have some fun...EEE...OOOO" ANMWEYYYYYYY. Has always been one of our favorite Carimi "LIVE" tracks (Studio did NADA for me) because of the ENERGY and CROWD PARTICIPATION that flows on there. A sure-fire PARTY STARTER to get the crowd going. MEZANMI YO BARE M KAP TCHA TCHA....

3) *ARE YOU READY: Yes KAI has started playing this, but no matter how you turn it....whether it's Richard that wrote this mega hit song...THE POWERFUL VOICE that has been associated with this mega hit has always and will always will be MICKAEL GUIRAND. A journalist like myself KNOWS that RICHARD is the one who wrote the song...but the MAJORITY OF THE FANS only know of the VOICE and PERSON they have seen singing it for many many years...and that person is Mike....so it would be a CRIME if he ignores that song from the playlist.

4) *CHAGRIN KRIMINEL: Being that they have not performed this song in a long time, it might actually sound like a NEW song to a lot of young fans; and for the older fans, it will bring them back to the OLD Carimi. A favorite of many from their debut CD. "LI TA PI BON si nou kanpe sou lanmou sa.....MWEN BRIZE KE OU"....ANMWEYYYYYYYY!

5) *SE LA M PWALE: Another track where in my opinion it happens to be one of his best vocal performances. The only issue for me on this one is that Richard Cave's background vocals in the studio version contributes a lot to the appeal of the song. Can Mike make it work "LIVE" without THAT background vocal though...if yes...GO FOR IT.

6) *CARIMI UPTEMPO MEDLEY: I would include "Bang Bang", "Buzz", "Chov", "Nasty Biznis", "Kidnapping".

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC