HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

KAÏ/SHEDLY ABRAHAM ISSUE: Q&A with JEAN MAX VALCOURT!

KAÏ/SHEDLY ABRAHAM ISSUE: Q&A with JEAN MAX VALCOURT!

Postby kompamagazine » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:17 am

Very interesting Q&A with JEAN MAX VALCOURT on the KAÏ (Richard Cave) matter concerning SHEDLY ABRAHAM. JEAN MAX VALCOURT (Dola Mizik), is a very good friend of Shedly's, and he is also working on songs with Richard Cave's former CARIMI associate MICKAEL GUIRAND in the studio....with rumors swirling that he is also part of THAT group. Read the interview below.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Would you consider the move that your buddy SHEDLY ABRAHAM made going from RICHARD CAVE's band KAI, to his former business partner's group MICKAEL's band....what you call TRAHISON (Considering how close Shed was to Richard); or do you believe it's JUST BUSINESS!
JEAN MAX VALCOURT: "Naaah!...Not at all. I understand how sensitive the situation may be considering both Shedly and Richard personal ties. But as long as Shedly approaches Richard and makes him aware of his business move in advance, which I know he did, there shouldn't be any issue. I can understand if Richard feels a certain way about Shedly's move to join Mickael's band, but at the end of the day the man has the right to move on with his life, his career, wherever he pleases, as long as he does it professionally and in a peaceful manner.

I'm happy and personally believe it's a good move for Shedly, now that he has his own group, more responsibilities, and a different and interesting experience than being just a gigger for all these past years. I also wish one day they can put their personal egos aside and go make more money... more bands is good for the industry... It shouldn't be nothing but Love because Music is Love... "

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: If "YOU" were in RICHARD's position....what would be YOUR reaction if it went down that way between YOU and SHEDLY?
JEAN MAX VALCOURT: "As you know I've been in a similar position not too long ago, so i know it's never a good feeling losing a good player when you're trying to build a strong team. But as long as the man gives me the respect to let me know about his decision to leave the team, as painful as it can be, I have to respect the man's decision and let him do what he feels is best for his life... After all that's his life. "

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Do you believe that KAI was WRONG in not offering Shedly a share, or "ownership" position in the group? Would he have stayed had that happened in your opinion? Did they even know that he was INTERESTED in such a thing?
JEAN MAX VALCOURT: "I think it's all in Kaï's right to decide how they would go about their business direction, and I don't believe they did anything wrong by not offering an ownership position to Shedly; but I can tell you personally, I'm not gonna have a complete package, an accomplished musician like Shedly Abraham in my camp and not offer him a share of ownership. Nah, I wouldn't let a second go by... lol. "

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: In your opinion...do you understand that the fans, the promoters, and others WILL AUTOMATICALLY pit MICKAEL's band AGAINST KAI as "direct" competitors...therefore...SHOULD there be a MAJOR CONCERN/WORRY on the part of RICHARD CAVE & KAI that Shedly is now in the opposite camp...and has heard all of the material that they were preparing to be released on the market?
JEAN MAX VALCOURT: "Why should there be any concern? The music is made for the fans, the public. Once the album is out it won't be about Shedly or Richard no more it'll be about the fans...... It's clear that people will see this as a competition, it's good for the business as whole, fans, promoters, media, and other bands. So let the fun begin. LOL."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC