HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

REGIMUZIK put under the microscope by OLIVIER DURET on VICE!

REGIMUZIK put under the microscope by OLIVIER DURET on VICE!

Postby kompamagazine » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:02 pm

KM spoke to OLIVIER DURET regarding REGIMUZIK....READ BELOW!

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: You've heard the 2 songs sung by Regimizik on the new Tvice cd..."Eske" and "Ou rinmin sa".... in your opinion, what are the chances that either of the songs become bigger than any of the tracks that you had with the Vice crew?
OLIVIER DURET: "I mean if we all knew how to make or the formula to have a hit, i think every song on every album would be a hit so its not that easy to CALL a hit. Now as far as Regi's 2 songs, i couldnt tell u if they will be bigger than my hits with the band, all i can do is wish him luck."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: What is your opinion of the two songs and which one do you prefer and why?
OLIVIER DURET: "I prefer "Ou renmen sa", just feel it more."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: How Long did it take you to break through to the T-Vice fans after joining... where you felt that they finally accepted you? How many months or years?
OLIVIER DURET: "It was tough in the beginning cause i was only replacing James for a month; afterwards people started accepting me cause of the new flavors I brought to the band, a lot of dancing, the energy. But of course after the album people saw what i brought to the band, also as far as music, "Santim ta kriye", "Cheche fanm Pa w", and of course "Toi et Moi" (hit), I think that album being one of T-VICE's best... helped with the push."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Any advice for Regi on how to go about approaching this early phase of his Vice career?
OLIVIER DURET: "All i can tell Regi is to be himself; but this position/situation needs double the work from him. YOU are in a band that's been around for 25 years, what are "YOU" (Regi) gonna bring to the table?"

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC