HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

ALAN CAVE on if a SOLO CAREER is possible if in a BAND!

ALAN CAVE on if a SOLO CAREER is possible if in a BAND!

Postby kompamagazine » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:09 am

KM spoke to ALAN CAVE about this; considering that he might be the best expert on the matter.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: In this day and age in the HMI... Is it possible or not for a vocalist of a band to also have a solo artist career going on, just like you did with your former band ZIN?
ALAN CAVE: "I doubt it very much. Not possible nowadays. Theses bands are not structured as Zin was. Ki di Alan te di Zin. People refer to my albums as Zin albums as well. My songs were in the Zin repertoire then and until now. Zin musicians participated on all of my albums, just like I did on Sherley Desgrottes and Liza Williams and Christopher Pierre. Those were Eddy's and Alex's projects. We were labels working together AC records and Zin production.

Our model was Kassav. Each of the lead singers did their things and there was no problem within the band. It actually made Kassav hotter just like my album "Lage m" e "Se pa pou Dat" did for Zin."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: So guys like Olivier Duret and perhaps Mikaben are doing it.....NO?
ALAN CAVE: "Olivier as the owner of Dat7 needs to put Dat7 on top before thinking of his solo career, otherwise the band won't last. Once again as the owner that's how he should be thinking. As far as Mikaben, I suggested to him to join Kaï permanently, he told me he had his own plans for 2017. I think that he got signrd with a major label overseas. Anyway, I think that he 'll always be around Kaï. He is like family to us."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC