HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

ROBERT CHARLOT had this to say on RICHARD CAVE situation!

ROBERT CHARLOT had this to say on RICHARD CAVE situation!

Postby kompamagazine » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:54 pm

HMI "COMPAS DIGITAL" pioneer and former TOP VICE maestro ROBERT CHARLOT had this interesting observation on RICHARD CAVE. READ BELOW!

(Picture courtesy of Gerry Briere)

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: What's your opinion on the CARIMI situation, and RICHARD CAVE deciding to move on with another band...with him as the lead singer?
ROBERT CHARLOT: "Richard should be fine, he already got the most important tools to make it:
- He has a big name in the market - he has multiple fans all over - he still can cater to the largest demographic group - he is a composer and producer who owns the hit formula - and most importantly he has a good experience and knowledge of the business. All he needs at this point is a bit of luck."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Is it a concern going from 2/3 song singer per night...to THE FRONT MAN of the band...full time singer? YOU never chose to go that route?
ROBERT CHARLOT: "Anyone who can sing 3 successful songs in a concert can surely sing 8 or 10 if there is no health issue. It’s really not a bad idea for a hard working writer ~composer~producer to be the interpreter of his /her oeuvres, if he is a vocalist. This move not only brings in a peace of mind, but it also helps the artist to gain more control over his/her career and destiny, stability, longevity, and let alone the financial revenue aspect.

Many of our past popular front men were known as instrumentalist at first. For instance, I was told that "The greatest" Ti Manno was the keyboardist of some of his previous bands, or the legendary Cubano was the accordion or Farfisa organ player at one of his first bands,……… and many other lead singers. I never went that route, because - first I’m the shyest ever, and - Me getting behind the mic was done accidentally, I’d never planned it, but luckily I got a very positive feedback from many fans from many places, but my love is for the keys."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

MUSIC