HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

CARLO VIEUX on RICHARD CAVE note that CARIMI is FINISHED!

CARLO VIEUX on RICHARD CAVE note that CARIMI is FINISHED!

Postby kompamagazine » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:55 pm

KM spoke to CARLO VIEUX today after RICHARD CAVE'S announcement of NEW BEGINNINGS.......indicating that CARIMI would be NO MORE.(Read Below)

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Carlo is Carimi really over based on Richard's public note?
CARLO: "Well I never sat down to talk to him but he wanted to do his own thing so I wish him and Fito success. As for me I decided that I don't want to lose my weekends anymore. I rather be with my family on holidays and weekends, and rather pursue other things. But may release a few songs from time to time."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Why did the 2 of you after being business partners and friends for 15 years.....NOT sit down to talk to each other? That's the least you guys could've done?
CARLO: "No time, was already pursuing something new and both of us were extremely busy. Richard and I are cool, it's just that I acted on my plan "B" that was always available, and by doing that I realized that maybe losing my weekends was not my thing anymore. But you never know what he future will hold, but spending my time my fam is the most important thing for me now."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: What do you say to fans of CARIMI whose hopes were brought up just last week after the release of the tribute music video for Patrick St Eloi?
CARLO: "Thank you for 15 great years, but like I said am not shutting the doors totally cause I do love to produce music. So I will be releasing some material. But performing non stop as I used to is not in the cards for me cause I rather give more of my time to my family and my other projects that are non music related."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Did you also lose the drive/desire for the band and the business when your former lead singer Mike left?
CARLO: "Lol. Again Pat I will be releasing some materials once in a while. I still love producing music and I will keep producing music for myself or for other people or with other people."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Should we expect a collabo with Richard on his upcoming project/band?
CARLO: "Lol. Not sure we did not talk about it. Am more focused now on building my new career, spending time with my family, and i'll release some material from time to time."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Any regrets that the band did not last longer than 15 years? When the band started did you expect it to even last this long?
CARLO: "Lol I had a great run, fantastic, I would never have imagined any of this. I won't regret one second of it, but I would've regretted not spending more time with my family, and that to me is gonna be my ultimate focus. I've missed a lot of weekends and holidays, now is time to catch up."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Do you realize that it might become possible that you have a hit that becomes so hot, you might be as active on the circuit as Mikaben was back in the days with "Ou pati"? Would you be ready for that?
CARLO: "If my family says they don't mind, than I won't mind. Pat, the other day I asked my son and my daughter whether or not they prefer my schedule now or the schedule I had before, and they both said now cause I can watch him play competitive soccer on weekends, and my daughter said I can watch her do ballet. I knew right there that I should no longer lose my weekends and holidays. I can come out and perform a few shows, but doing it religiously the way I used to do it before, not sure I want to go back to that lifestyle. I am more focused on some down time with my family and building my new career. I'll release some material from time to time."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: CARLO VIEUX on RICHARD CAVE note that CARIMI is FINISHED!

Postby KingDave » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:07 am

Li bal menm réponse lan over and over again lol but based on that statement. Carimi is over, and Richard has a new band he's putting up all brand new... I wonder what Michael is doing...
#BlackExcellence
KingDave

Postby kompamagazine » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:55 am

From our FACEBOOK TIMELINE

KM!
kompamagazine
Site Admin

Postby konpaconvert » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:09 am

Wow interesting turn of events with this CaRiMi saga...SMH

Clearly Carlo was brushing KM off and not giving him anything to run with. But bagay yo kler wi la...all signs were pointing toward a return for these guys and I'm not buying for a second the "too busy" excuse. Neg yo tap pale bien pwop and making subtle and not subtle hints of their return....so much so that it seems they were even coming back as CaRiMi with or without Michael....then all of a sudden RC has a social media makeover (new name) and out out his New logo.

Carlo mustve not felt comfortable with the direction Richard (and apparently Fito) wanted to pursue so he backed out.
konpaconvert

Postby Futur Ex » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:45 pm

Aka traka pou Baba... anyway good luck!
Futur Ex

Postby Ernst » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:03 pm

He copy &'paste the same answer over & over. However, 2 premye fraz yo some up everything. Jan misye te speak highly de Richard. Li te di li pap fè anyen 100 RC/Fito epi pou RC move 100 li pa men'm reach out to him. Bagay yo grav
Ernst

MUSIC