HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

VALCOURT tells CUBANO SKAH-SHAH critics to PUMP THE BRAKES!

VALCOURT tells CUBANO SKAH-SHAH critics to PUMP THE BRAKES!

Postby kompamagazine » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:56 pm

Some hardcore loyal SKAH-SHAH fans vented some of their feelings about the new SONG/VIDEO released by CUBANO yesterday. To address their concerns, we spoke with producer JEAN MAX VALCOURT and asked him THIS below.

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: What do you and Shedley say to critics of the legendary band SKAH-SHAH who are so used to their UNIQUE SOUND, who are saying that the STYLE OF MUSIC on this track is NOT Skah-Shah...that you guys are messing with the group's hardcore musical identity?
JEAN MAX VALCOURT: "Not surprising to me...I expected these reactions. I want the fans to know that we're not in any way trying to mess with Skah Shah's hardcore identity. The name Skah Shah, the sound, the concept and all that will forever remain and it's something nobody can touch. However we as producers believe in what we call "Evolution" which is the album title. It's always good to try a little bit of this and that from time to time and it will not affect what you do as usual, otherwise the world would stop right where it is and not moving forward, well it goes the same for music, If it did not evolve we would be playing the same konpa we were playing since it started in 1957 during Nemours JeanBaptiste's time...

People should not be afraid of change or evolution, and I believe that's what Cubano did. He took himself out of a specific category and showed that music is not about your age nor what you use to produce or perform in the past. Music is about creativity, inspiration, aspiration, evolution and it's up to whomever to decide whether their age keeps them stuck to a certain generation. The album has 8 songs with 4 original Skah Skah songs that we reproduced and 4 other new tracks that me, Shedly and Yves Abel produced with Cubano's involvement of course.

While I respect the fans's reactions I would suggest them to go buy the album, And I'm sure they will have a different perception of the entire production. Look it up It's called "Skah Shah the CUBANO the title is "EVOLUTION"... not Skah Shah the entire band, but Cubano own way of production... always and still the "GodFather of Konpa"

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: VALCOURT tells CUBANO SKAH-SHAH critics to PUMP THE BRAKES!

Postby larueda » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:13 pm

I like the album! Whoever mad, the old albums are available for their convenience lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
larueda

Postby larueda » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:14 pm

And the new version of Maria is better lol

larueda

Postby Ernst » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:29 pm

And the new version of Maria is better lol

It's a very solid cd but it's not SKAHSHA
Ernst

MUSIC