HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

DID CARIMI member break unspoken code that got promoters MAD?

DID CARIMI member break unspoken code that got promoters MAD?

Postby kompamagazine » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:37 pm

A couple of promoters (NOT AFFILIATED with the party last night) told me that they were NOT too thrilled with a CARIMI member last night, who apparently posted on social media that he was in Miami chilling with his friends....the only problem is based on what they told me IS THAT...THERE WAS AN NYC PARTY that was still going on, and that CARIMI was STILL OFFICIALLY SCHEDULED TO BE PART OF (Because there was no announcement from the group that they were NOT going to be there); so as soon as that post was put up on social media....THEY already knew that CARIMI was NOT going to be at the party.

PROMOTER "A": It's an unspoken rule that if there are no money issues/problems between a band and a promoter; if there is an inconvenience that arises that will prevent any band from participating at a scheduled party....OU PA KRAZE FET LA BY SAYING YOU WON'T BE THERE. You wait after the party, then if the band wants to, they give an explanation. That way, you keep future relations with the promoter on a good vibe/wave. I am positive that many fans of Carimi saw that tweet from the member, and right then and there, they already knew that Carimi was NOT going to be there."

The other promoter that brought that up to me simply said this below

PROMOTER "B": "BAD BUSINESS if you ask me. The manager should have jumped on top of that and asked him to remove the tweet on IG, so that it does not affect the party for the promoter."

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: DID CARIMI member break unspoken code that got promoters MAD?

Postby Jay Brooklyn » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:41 am

HMI saa tet anba. Promoteur a konnen ke jazz la pap la men li still vle fanatik jazz la deplase pou vinn tande jazz la..
Party goers yo antrave ak moun sa yo..

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Jay Brooklyn

Postby Yef » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:54 am

JB, you nailed it man. The promoter would rather deal with an angry crowd as long as he/she gets paid!
Yef

Postby SIROMYEL » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:23 pm

HMI saa tet anba. Promoteur a konnen ke jazz la pap la men li still vle fanatik jazz la deplase pou vinn tande jazz la..
Party goers yo antrave ak moun sa yo..

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
I was thinking the same. How about if he loses the trust of the fans who will come to know such promoter as untrustworthy and won't come out to their parties because of uncertainty about the artists being there or not.

Oh wait... Haitian fans don't really think that logically. Otherwise this market would have had to up their game already.
SIROMYEL

MUSIC