HMI Music NEWS and Discussions

RICHARD CAVE: 21 QUESTIONS ULTIMATE "KAI" INTERVIEW! (READ)!

RICHARD CAVE: 21 QUESTIONS ULTIMATE "KAI" INTERVIEW! (READ)!

Postby kompamagazine » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:24 pm

Check out this very interesting 21 QUESTION RICHARD CAVE "KAI" Interview....A MUST READ!

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 1) Why the name KAI? Is there a meaning behind it... In terms of the name, and the choice?
RICHARD: "Well after Carimi broke up, I wanted to continue doing music so we rented a house in MIAMI FOR 2 months... actually FORT LAUDERDALE. So for 2 months we worked on the project non stop. We created a studio inside the house ..lol. We were working non stop .. 12 hours a day and sometimes more..... / ME / Ti claude/ Mika Ben./ Jeff. I was trying to find a name for the band and I found the perfect one "KAÏ"
KAÏ MANDARINE CHINESE means victory/ recuperation and in Japanese it means "ball of fire," so it was the perfect name for me because I had to believe and fight to continue this project. ALSO the project was done in a House "KAY" ... so finally everybody in the team was ok with the name."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 2) WHEN and WHERE is the group's LIVE premiere?
RICHARD: "Not sure yet."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 3) When will you reveal the names of the members of the band to the public?
RICHARD: "When i have all of them."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 4) What determines for you in terms of which ex-Carimi members to bring with you to your new group KAI? In terms of which ones made the cut and which ones did not?
RICHARD: "Well i'm still thinking about this, but i wanted to change things..... bring a new flavor."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 5) Mikaben... It obviously would be much easier for you and the group if he was part of the group.... What is the most logical explanation that you have which would explain why he does not want to be part of this group, choosing instead to remain solo?
RICHARD: "Well Mika is here but he doesn't want to commit to this. I can't blame him. That's his choice."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 6) When you say does not want to commit, do you mean....he's on standby watching....and if it blows up....he has the option to join the band later on permanently?
RICHARD: "Loool. That's not what i said. Mika will do whatever... what's best for him."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 7) How much pressure are you under to live under the shadows of your former band and the results it had?
RICHARD: "Well one thing i have to tell you KAÏ is a new project. The reason why i changed the name is because i didn't want people to compare me with Carimi. A fresh start is the way to go."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 8) Newsflash.... The fans will not care about one syllable from what you just said here about trying to distance yourself from your former group. You know regardless of what you say.... that's going to be done.
RICHARD: "Well bro KAÏ Is new musicians, new format, new concept. I love the musicians that are on board right now... let's see how it's going to be. My goal is not to prove to the fans of Carimi that we are better; my goal is to make people feel the joy that we have by doing what we love.... CARIMI IS CARIMI .... this is a new house."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 9) Is there pressure on you to score a major hit with "Malad"...your first KAI single.....because of your status in the business?
RICHARD: "Well there is always pressure. I have a bunch of guys that are trusting me on this project."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 10) When will the full cd be ready for official release? December or after carnival?
RICHARD: "I think will have it ready after carnaval."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 11) Can we expect KAI to do a kanaval meringue, and to be SOU BETON AN like your former band?
RICHARD: "I will work on a meringue definitely; there is no doubt to it. I have a start somewhere. It's not going to be easy."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 12) Do you believe that your former bandmates owners Carlo and Mickael want you to succeed with your new project KAI.... Even if it means that it surpasses the success of Carimi?
RICHARD: "Listen, even if we may disagree on certain things, these guys are good guys. I don't think they will be annoyed if i would make it. I'm sure they would be happy. I don't know where i'm going to be. I would love to surpass what we did, but it's not going to be easy."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 13) Surely working on the CD you have many songs that are ready. Why did you choose to go with the song "Malade" as your first single to introduce the band to the world?
RICHARD: "Malade has 2 meanings and it is a very interesting song. This music means a lot to me and i 'll tell you why. Literally the song is about a man that can't have a woman for himself, but at the same time "Malade" was about me when I stopped doing music . Map malade mwen pap janm gueri, renmenw se maladi 'm. Music is my "maladie my sickness .. if i don't have music in my life i would 've been miserable. Meaning here the woman is the music for me."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 14) A lot of people are used to you singing one or two songs during a party. How do you think they will take you singing most of the night if not the whole night as the lead singer of your own group?
Also... To a lot of people, You are not known as an uptempo singer. How will you handle that issue with your new band?
RICHARD: "There are a lot challenges ahead and I'm aware of it. Not trying would be a failure. I've been a producer for a long time now and i know that being in front can be really tough. Arly told me it took him 2 years to get comfortable...so i will fight to get better."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 15) Are we to expect another single before you drop the CD, or will it be straight to the album from here?
RICHARD: "That was our plan to put another song out now, but the response has been sooo good that we are thinking of waiting a little before we put it out."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 16) Have you personally heard from Mike and Carlo after the release of the new song?
RICHARD: "Yes I did from Carlo... he told me that the video was amazing and the song. As for Mickea,l the last time I saw him or spoke to him was on July 11, GATE 20 American Airlines flight 1078 at 6:45 am. Yes I do remember all those things."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 17) It seems obvious that you are not going to go with all of your former band members with the new band....if you were in their position, how would you take them not being picked for the new band. Is that an indication that they don't fit your playing style, not good enough...or....?
RICHARD: "Moncher it was not easy. To make that decision, I wanted to start fresh .. a new concept. It was not easy to call certain musicians and tell them that they were not part of it...they've been with me for 10 years and not saying anything wouldn't be fair. Some of them did not believe in the project and they said it publicly, so there was no need to contact them because I don't want negative vibes at the moment. I understand that some of them might be mad at me ......but I sacrificed a lot for Carimi for years .. this band was my baby and everybody knew it. I fought a battle that wasn't mine... just to keep it alive. At this point I have to take care of me."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 18) if you say that you are doing a new concept away from your old band, what do you say to those who might think that the new song sounds like a product that your old band would release? Is KAI...a CARIMI "DEGIZE"?
RICHARD: "Looool. Well i was part of CARIMI for 15 years. ME and CARLO wrote most of the songs. It's not going to be easy to not sound like them...Welll.... like me lol...But let me tell you .... this is one product and I can tell you that we took a different route ...hopefully people will get a chance to listen to it."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 19) If you are doing business every savvy business person would tell you to continue with the formula that's working. Would people be wrong if they said Richard are you crazy for trying to sound different?
RICHARD: "Pat, at the same time you have to try different stuff. People always call me the bubble gum sound :lol: :lol: :lol: which by the way I love. They always saying "kote neg yo pwale ak son sa"; well that sound was able to put us on the map. We became a household name ( CARIMI) with that sound. I have to tell you that I'm Carimi and Carimi is me; but now i'm doing "Kaï", and i'm applying the same concept.. always trying new stuff."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 20) In terms of pressure, which one in your opinion will be more PRESSURE.......A) This debut cd or B) The followup CD to this one if it becomes a hit...or a flop?
RICHARD: "Well i have pressure from all of the above, but i have a different mentality after what happened. NOW, it's more about being happy and enjoying it. Don't get me wrong I was always happy doing it with Carimi, but I always had more pressure and never enjoyed it the same way as everybody else did because I wanted everything to be perfect."

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: 21) How do u want promoters that are hiring the band to perform...to see you? A) As a NEW band on the market that has yet to prove anything, or B) As a band with a RESUME already based on the past work of the group's leader?
RICHARD: "Bro, that's a tough one ... but you can call every single promotor in the business and they will tell you that my relationship with them is NOT only business. I can tell you that i really don't know how they going to see it, but i hope that they will see me as competitive as the others."

***CONDUCTED by PATRICK DESVARIEUX for KOMPA MAGAZINE***

*KAI (RICHARD CAVE) - "MALAD" official music video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82udCx-8b5w

*AUDIO!
KAI de RICHARD CAVE - Malad! (New Music)
https://soundcloud.com/kompamagazine-co ... -new-music

kompamagazine
Site Admin

Re: RICHARD CAVE: 21 QUESTIONS ULTIMATE "KAI" INTERVIEW! (READ)!

Postby Ladykreyol » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:25 am

Really good interview Pat. Richard kept it real and doesn't seem delusional on the road ahead and the challenges that comes with it. I have always been a big fan of his and I know he will give it his all. Very telling how he remembers every detail on when he last talked to Mickael.

I can't wait to hear what KAÏ has in store for us. :)
Ladykreyol

Postby Gerdly » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:35 pm

#16 is very interesting.... :?
Gerdly

Postby Dogla » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:58 pm

MG se yon mechan...... Gen anpil moun kap fache ak neg sa pou lavi...... Anyways :shock:
There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self.
Dogla

Postby larueda » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:46 pm

Se pou te fe yon collabo ak king la called i aint got no worries too....lol i got this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
larueda

Postby EpiDat7 mwen Diw » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:50 pm

Lol! Everybody got this!
Good Luck Atis La. I am waiting
GIN BON MIN GIN PIBON!! KLASS IT IS BABY!!!!!
EpiDat7 mwen Diw

Postby KingDave » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:34 am

Great interview Patrick. Richard kept it real and logical. But dammmnnn! He hasn't seen or spoken to Michael since July? That's ridiculous
#BlackExcellence
KingDave

MUSIC