KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index
Home - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups - Register - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in

OLIVIER DURET SINGLE "DANRE RA" (LISTEN)!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
owen1055

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is not fair to judge Oli on anything esle outside the lyrical content of the song. He is just a singer and not a composer.

JimBo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWEN MENM SE LE-NENEVICE MWEN BEZWIN KONNEN SAL PANSE DE TI MIZIK SA, ESKER LE RENMEN MIZIK ZANMEN LE AN Question Question Question Cool
CaRiMi OUI YO DI'W Exclamation 7,000 MOUN PA 700 AU ZENITH, SOLDOUT:!:ExclamationExclamation #TeamCaRiMiNATION #TeamInternational (((EH PI DJAKOUT #1 AP MET LOD LAN DEZOD)))

Last edited by JimBo on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

RoseJaune

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is not fair to judge Oli on anything esle outside the lyrical content of the song. He is just a singer and not a composer.
I do not understand this comment. I believe the artist is responsible for whatever he or she puts out. because he is just a "singer" that means anything beat or tune they give him he should accept and say to himself " people wont judge me on the music only the lyrics???" thats pathetic....if that's the case musye pa besoin lan business sa dutout ke li al sheshe on lot bagay li fe!
Before the song comes out he should agree or decide which direction his song will go. Pa gin piyay la!

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Normal1 wrote:
kompa'npiwo wrote:
DONCUE_69 wrote:
not my cup of tea, sorry
just an average track...
"une denrée rare" would have been a better song title
'danre ra' sonen mal nan zorey mwen
good luck atis la

M'ave'w...title sa-a pa sou latè menm.
69 nimewo sa a tout moun konnenl ki nimewo li ye e mwen respect l moncher 69 mizik la unik mtandel mwen pa we anyin mal ladann mwen ka kritike

si'l fe'w plezi then kitel mache, li pa rive sou mwen antouka.
my 2 cents

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimBo wrote:
WORDS TO ME ARE VERY POWERFUL BUT NOT FEELING THE SONG AS A WHOLE, OLI SON ATIS MWEN RENMEN OUI BELIEVE IT OR NOT. WAS KIND OF EXPECTING SOMETHING BETTER Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Cool

Allo Jimbo.
Men li wi...

JimBo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay Brooklyn wrote:
JimBo wrote:
WORDS TO ME ARE VERY POWERFUL BUT NOT FEELING THE SONG AS A WHOLE, OLI SON ATIS MWEN RENMEN OUI BELIEVE IT OR NOT. WAS KIND OF EXPECTING SOMETHING BETTER Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Cool

Allo Jimbo.
Men li wi...

VYE GRANMOUN PAM LAN, LEUR MWEN EKRI YON BAGAYU MWEN KONNEN BIEN SAM EKRI AN OUI...... Cool

I REALLY WISH I UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOUR TRYING TO POINT OUT HERE. OLI SON BON ATIS OUI, THE DUDE CAN SING, EVEN LEUR LE TE LAN VICE2K. DID I EVER SAY HE WASNT Question Question

JBK BAT DEYE'W DE FWA BLOOD, WAP LED..............

CaRiMi OUI YO DI'W Exclamation 7,000 MOUN PA 700 AU ZENITH, SOLDOUT:!:ExclamationExclamation #TeamCaRiMiNATION #TeamInternational (((EH PI DJAKOUT #1 AP MET LOD LAN DEZOD)))
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Neg Timid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoBoRi wrote:
First of all let me start by congratulate Oli for taking his time to work on that single. It's always good to acknowledge the effort and sacrifice of an artist.

Having said that, I have some positives and negatives in regards to that track...

POSITIVES:
*Lyrics, although common, but describe some reality
*Some nice melodies throughout the whole songs
*very contemporary
*Drums
*Guitar (Except the lari part)

NEGATIVES
*No innovation in arragements and direction...
What I mean by that is although they're all playing kompa, but different arrangements can make one sound different than others...
Gabel and Zenglen are both playing Kompa... but sound different. Nothing really new, but the way they go about producing their last albums bring some fresh air.

*perhaps it's me, but at times Oli sounds like Roberto Martino... Not much of a big difference vocal wise.

*It seems like Septen is still alive among us... The "Se janm vre" chorus was definitely a "Parti malheur" nan kanaval Septen 2013 la... I guess Oli saw how useful that chorus was in Cap Haitien and stole it lol...

*The keyboard sound is the only part in that track that's NOT contemporary in terms of NOT commercial enough.

*The lari part of the guitar is NOT lari enough... Se ou bien ou lari ou bien ou pa lari... Lari pa gen in between.... Although the salon part is very exceptional.

*Instead of having an upgrated Oli, I feel his vocal abilities regress big time.

SUMMARY
I love Zenglen, but NOT a crazy fan of them... I had no choice but giving them full credit and appreciation because of how they come across. The same goes for Gabel.

It's not a matter of supporting favorite bands/artists, and bashing others... It's a matter of positive and honest criticism, that will help pressuring the artists to be always up to par.

SE PA SA ATIS LA PRODUI A KAP NEW...
MEN SE JAN LI FE NOU PESEVWA SA LAP FE A KI DWE NEW.

Let me end my honest opinion with that quote by Anais Nin:
It is the function of art to renew our perception. What we are familiar with we cease to see. The writer shakes up the familiar scene, and, as if by magic, we see a new meaning in it.

Aya

Bobori,

Mwen li w isiya pou yon sèl rezon, paske ou se yon tip ki pa konvansyonèl. Ou konprann sa ki pa nòmal. Yon nèg ki sòt pa ka konprann sa ki pa nòmal. Anpil moun pap janm konprann ou, fòk ou ale dousman pafwa. Depi m ka wè w’ap repete pawòl yon gwo ekriven tankou Anaïs Nin, ou demontre m ke w se yon tip ki fouye e li anpil. Li enposib pou konn Anaïs pou pa konnen Henry Miller, youn nan pi gwo ekriven Ameriken.... E misye te yon gid pou Anaïs tou. Misye te ekri yon liv ki rele "Tropic of Cancer". Mwen pa sonje konbyen fwa mwen li liv sa-a. Gen yon film ki te sòti an 1990 ki rele "Henry & June" sou direksyon Philip Kaufman, ki eksplike istwa mesye-dam sa yo (Henry avèk madanm li, June, plis manzè Anaïs) ... Anfen ! Atis la, kenbe la. W’ap fè anpil bèl ti analiz isiya. Gen moun ki konnen k’ap swiv, e ki kore anpil nan analiz yo.

NT

FEELING

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ça fait déja 4 fois que j'écoute la chanson !!
j'aime le feeling de la chanson, c'est vrai que le titre n'est pas terrible (en créole en tout cas) , mais le plus frappant pour moi c'est que la musique sonne typiquement HARMONICK !! solo synthé, solo guitare, arrangements, le tout sonne vraiment HARMONICK !!

BoBoRi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neg Timid wrote:
BoBoRi wrote:
First of all let me start by congratulate Oli for taking his time to work on that single. It's always good to acknowledge the effort and sacrifice of an artist.

Having said that, I have some positives and negatives in regards to that track...

POSITIVES:
*Lyrics, although common, but describe some reality
*Some nice melodies throughout the whole songs
*very contemporary
*Drums
*Guitar (Except the lari part)

NEGATIVES
*No innovation in arragements and direction...
What I mean by that is although they're all playing kompa, but different arrangements can make one sound different than others...
Gabel and Zenglen are both playing Kompa... but sound different. Nothing really new, but the way they go about producing their last albums bring some fresh air.

*perhaps it's me, but at times Oli sounds like Roberto Martino... Not much of a big difference vocal wise.

*It seems like Septen is still alive among us... The "Se janm vre" chorus was definitely a "Parti malheur" nan kanaval Septen 2013 la... I guess Oli saw how useful that chorus was in Cap Haitien and stole it lol...

*The keyboard sound is the only part in that track that's NOT contemporary in terms of NOT commercial enough.

*The lari part of the guitar is NOT lari enough... Se ou bien ou lari ou bien ou pa lari... Lari pa gen in between.... Although the salon part is very exceptional.

*Instead of having an upgrated Oli, I feel his vocal abilities regress big time.

SUMMARY
I love Zenglen, but NOT a crazy fan of them... I had no choice but giving them full credit and appreciation because of how they come across. The same goes for Gabel.

It's not a matter of supporting favorite bands/artists, and bashing others... It's a matter of positive and honest criticism, that will help pressuring the artists to be always up to par.

SE PA SA ATIS LA PRODUI A KAP NEW...
MEN SE JAN LI FE NOU PESEVWA SA LAP FE A KI DWE NEW.

Let me end my honest opinion with that quote by Anais Nin:
It is the function of art to renew our perception. What we are familiar with we cease to see. The writer shakes up the familiar scene, and, as if by magic, we see a new meaning in it.

Aya

Bobori,

Mwen li w isiya pou yon sèl rezon, paske ou se yon tip ki pa konvansyonèl. Ou konprann sa ki pa nòmal. Yon nèg ki sòt pa ka konprann sa ki pa nòmal. Anpil moun pap janm konprann ou, fòk ou ale dousman pafwa. Depi m ka wè w’ap repete pawòl yon gwo ekriven tankou Anaïs Nin, ou demontre m ke w se yon tip ki fouye e li anpil. Li enposib pou konn Anaïs pou pa konnen Henry Miller, youn nan pi gwo ekriven Ameriken.... E misye te yon gid pou Anaïs tou. Misye te ekri yon liv ki rele "Tropic of Cancer". Mwen pa sonje konbyen fwa mwen li liv sa-a. Gen yon film ki te sòti an 1990 ki rele "Henry & June" sou direksyon Philip Kaufman, ki eksplike istwa mesye-dam sa yo (Henry avèk madanm li, June, plis manzè Anaïs) ... Anfen ! Atis la, kenbe la. W’ap fè anpil bèl ti analiz isiya. Gen moun ki konnen k’ap swiv, e ki kore anpil nan analiz yo.

NT

Mesi brother pam

Mwen pa worry pou moun ki pa kompran mwen yo

Yo se yon ti minorite ZWIT (Aristid voice) lol

BOBORI ap sipote et konen tout sak bon yo

Mediocrite pap jwen chans bo kotem

Aya

RICHIE SUPERSTAR MAKER PI RED

belfam

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen to the song twice last night went to bed
and could not remember nothing abt the song
Oh well maybe I have to give it more listenin Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: