KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index
Home - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups - Register - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in

PLUIE D'ESPOIR: HOPE FOR HAITIAN CINEMA
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: PLUIE D'ESPOIR: HOPE FOR HAITIAN CINEMA Reply with quote

Everytime I want to give up on haitian cinema, something comes up that convinces me to give it another chance. At one point it was BARIKAD, then came I LOVE YOU ANNE, Followed by VIP, MILLIONNAIRE PAR ERREUR.

But finally:PLUIE D'ESPOIR. Finally a movie where the actors become one with their characters. Finally a movie where the scenes flow into one another. Finally a movie where there is more than one song;and the songs are appropriate.

Finally a fictional story that incorporates historical facts. Finally a story where the characters are not two dimensional: they laugh;they cry;they get angry;they feel pain and they feel joy.

Finally: PLUIE D'ESPOIR.

It is the story of Toussaint. A man who leaves his country town of Leziwa, to follow his dreams in Port-au-Prince and make a better life for his wife and children.

The theme is typical; but there is nothing predictable or mundane about this impeccably written story of survival, friendship, dreams, reality, loyalty, mentorism, and most of all...life.

The comedy lighten the mood, but does not take away from the seriousness of the topic.

If you have never watched a Haitian movie, make "PLUIE D'ESPOIR your first. You will not be disappointed. If you are, you have my permission never to pick up another one again.

If you, like me, was on the verge of giving up in haitian movies, let PLUIE d'ESPOIR revive your hope in Haitian cinema.

ReineDiana

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mlle. or is it Mme. Syromyel...
You elaborated so well on that movie that I want to high tail it out the door to yank the darn thing off the shelves...Danm, on my next project, I should consider hiring you as a PR, great job!

Do tell...
who are the people behind this movie, etc... era...
-------------------------------------------------------
WYCLEF JEAN!

KARAMEL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siro,
u spoke so highly of "Pluie D'espoir".... Ou fè'm mwen anvi wè'l 2... I picked up about a dozen of DVD's and CD's from Archilles store the other day, I wish I knew about Pluie D'espoir then Confused Anyway mwen pran movie : Que dois je faire and Rebecca mon amour( mwen pako gintan yon ti chans pou mwen gadé yo non, I will try this weekend) Ou ouè movie sa yo deja? I was told by the clerk that they are the latest en ce qu'il s'agit de recent movies Haitiens Smile

Entouka merci pou ti-review Pluie D'espoir a Very Happy

One luv,

Kara

ReineDiana

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kara,
I saw Rebecca Mon Amour... li pa trop mal...

In my opinion (Bwase ak Zenglendo) is pure KK... that movie made no danm sense...image yo an kk, language an KK, enfin... I threw the crap in the trash within 10 minutes of watching.
WYCLEF JEAN!

KARAMEL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReineDiana wrote:
Kara,
I saw Rebecca Mon Amour... li pa trop mal...

In my opinion (Bwase ak Zenglendo) is pure KK... that movie made no danm sense...image yo an kk, language an KK, enfin... I threw the crap in the trash within 10 minutes of watching.

Oh LaBelle Reine Diana,
konsa ap denigré movie moun yo Laughing Du K(au carré) même Laughing I have not seen it though... Ou tou palé mwen lè mwen tounin nan store a nan fin d'anné a pou mwen pa pran " Bwasé ak Zenglendo"... Laughing

There was like another movie of Fabienne Colas, but mwen tandé se Francais seulement yo palé ladan'l, histwa te parèt fondé, min l'heure mwen imaginé Fabienne ki pral fè interessante parlé yon ekipe Francais forcé, Confused mwen te decidé pran " Rebecca mon amour" pito. Smile

Antouka mwen pral gadé yo weekend sa.... Mwen ap tounin vin'n di wassup Cool

One luv,

Kara

ReineDiana

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kara,
Trust me... I am not kidding you Laughing Laughing Laughing
movie a vexem amorrr!!!

Bon!
pou nouveau movie avek Fabienne Cola an min'm, if it's the one I saw tonight, it's called CONVOITISES... the movie is in french with english subtitles. In my opinion, it's a must see if you love intrigue and drama...Fabienne fe'm sexi nan movie sa. I will say the movie kept my attention for a good stretch...but there is an upset at the end, which you need to find out for yourself...still it's a must see...
WYCLEF JEAN!

KARAMEL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReineDiana wrote:
Kara,
Trust me... I am not kidding you Laughing Laughing Laughing
movie a vexem amorrr!!!

Bon!
pou nouveau movie avek Fabienne Cola an min'm, if it's the one I saw tonight, it's called CONVOITISES... the movie is in french with english subtitles. In my opinion, it's a must see if you love intrigue and drama...Fabienne fe'm sexi nan movie sa. I will say the movie kept my attention for a good stretch...but there is an upset at the end, which you need to find out for yourself...still it's a must see...

A ce qu'il parait.... LaBelle ReineDiana se yon super branché wi la Smile
A'ye "Convoitises" se nom an vraiment.... I will check it out then Cool I am anxious 2see "Tifi a pastè" by Ms. Carol though, se yon nan rezon ki fè mwen tal nan zafè acheté DVD's etc... Laughing

Merci pou input ou la belle!

Later,

One Luv,

Kara

Kompadouce

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning ladies. Can either of you direct me to stores in the NY area that may carry those movies please?

KARAMEL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kompadouce wrote:
Good morning ladies. Can either of you direct me to stores in the NY area that may carry those movies please?

Good Afternoon Kompadouce,
I live in Lantana, Florida.... yo no sé nada about stores/bons discaires in New York
.... Very Happy
Mayb yon lot KM member kapab assisté'w aké infomasyon sa Smile

One Luv,

Kara

Kompadouce

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks anyway Kara!! Hopefully someone else will be able to direct me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: