KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index
Home - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups - Register - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in

HAITIAN women Compas bandsWHERE ARE THEY AT??!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
Jiaspora Jacmel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: HAITIAN women Compas bandsWHERE ARE THEY AT??!! Reply with quote

Please noone mention manmzel....they dont exist in my eyes. there is only 1 haitian in that band and they dont even play in kreyol.... So why are there no haitian women bands. The only one i can remember is from a long time ago.......RISKE ALFABE the album was called alfabe and it was good! so whats the story. Are you women lazy as hell or what??? get behind a guitar,a keyboard and get ya damn groove on!! Can anyone think of any other women bands??? IF anyone has a clip of Riske that would be great!! i havent heard them since early 90's...i think my mother still has a cassette tape...wait.....did i just say cassette?????

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: HAITIAN women Compas bandsWHERE ARE THEY AT??!! Reply with quote

Jiaspora Jacmel wrote:
Please noone mention manmzel....they dont exist in my eyes. there is only 1 haitian in that band and they dont even play in kreyol.... So why are there no haitian women bands. The only one i can remember is from a long time ago.......RISKE ALFABE the album was called alfabe and it was good! so whats the story. Are you women lazy as hell or what??? get behind a guitar,a keyboard and get ya damn groove on!! Can anyone think of any other women bands??? IF anyone has a clip of Riske that would be great!! i havent heard them since early 90's...i think my mother still has a cassette tape...wait.....did i just say cassette?????

mwen pa pense ke se fanm selmen ki te jwe lan Riske..
if you watch the video, te gin anpil lan medam yo , se kinbe yo te kinbe instrument yo, they could not even fake it well...

Mrchampagna

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riske is in the studio right now recording a comeback album. It will be the original singers from the Alfabe album

Sandra Jean
Sabrina Koljenson
Gina
Patricia

as well as the other female musicians

Zchea and the other girl from the 20eme Syek album will not be part of the Studio album.

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrchampagna is Sabrina Koljenson the same person who sang "La Vie a Bel" with Superstars de NY and the same person who was in the group Karess with Sandra Jean, if so, I had the Riske album and she was not on the cover or the videos that I remember, was she a guest artist on the cd Question\

BACK TO THE TOPIC: ( Female groups that I remember)

Desire
Piti Piti (A children's group in Haiti)

Sexyin4Bs4U2NV

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyKreyol wrote:

BACK TO THE TOPIC: ( Female groups that I remember)

Desire
Piti Piti (A children's group in Haiti)

Piti Piti...was founded by my Brother in Law Yves Laveau and his wife Sandra Boulos and friends back in the mid 80s. To date they are still doing a great job with my Nieces and Nephews....Some of the new kids in the group are actually children of founding teens who started with group...imagine the legacy....

FUNKY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaje anpil haiti....paske lot jou leu'm te aller...map tande de kanaval...se te fi selman...Enfin Arrow Shocked Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Do u guys remember 4x4 Laughing Laughing

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funky says:

Do u guys remember 4x4

Of course I do, I am shaking my boom, boom as we speak Laughing

To Sexy: WOW, all I got to say is your brother-in-law is truly talented. I remember seeing him in a lot of Konkou Mizik videos Very Happy [/quote]

NEG-BERTHE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember well, there was female group named "SHADOW" based in Chicago. It was like a family band, except for 1 or 2 guys were playing in that band.

Sexyin4Bs4U2NV

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEG-BERTHE wrote:
If I remember well, there was female group named "SHADOW" based in Chicago. It was like a family band, except for 1 or 2 guys were playing in that band.

Shadow was a family group, Mom, dad, daughters and neices of the dad. They are now residing in Connecticut(I Beleive) and the oldest ones are into doing solo projects apart from the family group which no longer exist.

Sexyin4Bs4U2NV

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duplicate post deleted...Sorry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: