KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index
Home - FAQ - Search - Memberlist - Usergroups - Register - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - Log in
 
2010 - THE YEAR TO HONOR WEBERT SICOT AND CADENCE RAMPA....
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
Staff Poze 2



Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 3435
Location: Washington D.C/Maryland

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: 2010 - THE YEAR TO HONOR WEBERT SICOT AND CADENCE RAMPA.... Reply with quote

August 22 1960-2010
I know that over the years the name of Webert Sicot has been mentioned in several songs, Haitian music conversations, books and documentaries. However the year 2010 is special because August 22 will mark the 50th Anniversary of the creation of Cadence Rampa by Maestro Webert Sicot.
I think the time has come to posthumously give the proper honor to WEBERT SICOT and the rhythm CADENCE RAMPA for the 50th anniversary of this genre of music that left its mark on the Haitian music scene for several decades.
This page of Haitian music history should not go unnoticed, and I would like to PLEASE ask the hosts of Haitian music shows in Haiti and in the Diaspora to incorporate the songs of Webert Sicot (at least one) on each of their broadcasts for the rest of the year.
I also wish to see that the festival organizers take a moment to honor and recognize the work of Webert Sicot by inviting the Sicot Family to receive an award in memory of the great maestro. Hopefully the organizers of Konpa on Broadway will give the same respect that was given last April to the family of Nemours Jean Baptiste because the five children of Webert Sicot are presently living in Brooklyn New York.
We have many musicians who have contributed to the success of Cadence Rampa, it will be a good idea to take a moment to say thank you for the songs, the page of history most of all and the road that they paved for us all in this business.
Please understand that those are only some suggestions and are not in any shape or form an order to the broadcasters or show organizers.

The following is a list of albums with the works of the great band leader...
Most of these albums have on the average 10 to 12 songs.

Haitian Meringues
Weber Sicot 1960LPAnsonia ALP 1281

Haitian Meringues
Ensemble Weber Sicot 19607''Sinfonia SEP 513

Cadence Rempa - Femme Têtue
Super Ensemble Weber Sicot 1961LPIbo ILP-109

Haïti Holiday
Weber Sicot «La Flèche d'Or d'Haïti»1961LPIbo ILP-108

Cadence Rampa - Minouche, Haiti
Super Ensemlbe Weber Sicot 1962LPIbo ILP-110

Sons & Couleurs D'Haiti
Weber Sicot et son Super Ensemlbe1962LPIbo ILP-115

Cadence Rampa - Haiti
Weber Sicot 1963LPIbo ILP-119

Cadence Rampa - Deux Guidons
Super Ensemble Weber Sicot 1964LPIbo ILP-122

Jet Rampa - Haïti
Super Ensemble Weber Sicot «La Flèche d'Or d'Haïti»1966LPJet (Ibo) JET-001

Zepons
Super Ensemlbe Weber Sicot 1966LPIbo ILP-129

La Fléche d'Or d'Haiti
Super Ensemlbe Weber Sicot 1967LPIbo ILP-132

Carnaval a la Guadeloupe
Weber Sicot 19687''Celini RC 42

Hit-Parade
Super Ensemble Weber Sicot 1968LPHit-Parade HPR 005

Radio Guadeloupe
Weber Sicot 19687''Celini RC 41

Sicot a la Guadeloupe
Weber Sicot 19687''Celini RC 43

Fanatiques Nous Retourne
Le Super Ensemble Weber Sicot 1969LPHit-Parade HPR 006

Live 1969 - Cadence Rampa
Ensemble Weber Sicot 1969LP

Mon Sax et Moi - Haiti
Super Ensemble Weber Sicot 1969LPIbo ILP-142

En Gogo
Super Ensemlbe Weber Sicot 1970LPMarc MDVG-206

Just For You
Weber Sicot 1975LPMini MRS 1049

Wachacha
Weber Sicot 1976LPMacaya MCY-135

Gina
Weber Sicot 1977LPMini MRS 1058

Importance Musique
Weber Sicot 1978LPTriomphe TMA 78333

Joue Pour Vous
Weber Sicot 1978LPJJ JJ 101

Contravention
Weber Sicot 1979LPMarc MARC 318

Chansons Souvenirs
Weber Sicot et Le Thoray All Stars1980LPMarc MARC 327

D'Hier D'Aujourd'hui
Weber Sicot 1980LPMini MRS 1098

Écouté Ca
Weber Sicot Orchestre Le Jeune1981LPMusique des Antilles MDA 4668

The Greatest - Instrumental
Weber Sicot 1981LPBetami BTA 2830

For Lovers
Weber Sicot 1983LPDelta DR 2009

Souvenirs Des Beaux Jours (Vol.2)
Super Ensemble Weber Sicot 2002CD

Bonsoir Fanatiques
Weber Sicot LP

Contredanse No.1
Weber Sicot the Cabane Choucoune Ensemble 10''La Belle Creole G8-OL-4355

Contredanse No.1 / Che-Che
Weber Sicot and his Cabane Choucoune Ensemble 78La Belle Creole 222

Les Plus Grands Succès des années 1965-66-67
Weber Sicot CDGeronimo GR 0351

Many moons ago I wrote the song VIVE LA CADENCE RAMPA....Since I still have my notes, I will get together with Mario de Volcy one of the greatest connoisseurs of Cadence Rampa and hopefully we will find some talented musicians who may be interested as well to produce the song in order to keep CADENCE RAMPA alive...
Please feel free to share any information that you may have on Cadence Rampa and Maestro Webert Sicot in this thread including some of the songs....
Thank You...
_________________
Did you read your "Konpa Encyclopedia" today...


Last edited by Staff Poze 2 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Author Message
Jay Brooklyn



Joined: 27 Sep 2006
Posts: 21884
Location: Brooklyn, USA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sa toujou intrige'm leu moun ap pale de Nemours epi yo bliye ke Sicot te ekziste..
pou mwen Webert Sicot te yon pi gwo mizisyen ke Nemours Jean-Baptiste e mizik misye yo (Kadans Ranpa) te pi konplike....
Nemours te pi komesyal men Sicot se te gwo zafe...
li leu li tan pou nou rekonet talan Webert Sicot...
si nou beswen we diferans lan al tande kek mizik misye yo....
Nemours te yon meye biznisman men Sicot te yon vre atis....
Staff la, mete kek mizik Sicot pou nou, si Pat aksepte...
mwen panse ke Zenglen, Magnum Band, Tabou Combo plus jwe style kadans ranpa ke konpa direk...
men se toujou de konpa ke yap pale....
bagay sa'a reyelman banm tet fe mal...
_________________
BAT CHIEN AN, TANN MET LI!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address

Author Message
daphnee



Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 28099
Location: Under the witness protection plan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started listening to Webert Sicot and what a find that was...good stuff. Mi Padre put me on. One of my faves is "Jwi lavi'w" The trumpets and horns in Cadence rampa are awesome. I wonder if any of these new generation bands can even come close to playing like that..

(haha nou pat konnin mwen te konn sa yo huh) Very Happy
_________________
"Mwen di non, AYITI PAP KRAZE!!!!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Author Message
Jay Brooklyn



Joined: 27 Sep 2006
Posts: 21884
Location: Brooklyn, USA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daphnee wrote:
I just started listening to Webert Sicot and what a find that was...good stuff. Mi Padre put me on. One of my faves is "Jwi lavi'w" The trumpets and horns in Cadence rampa are awesome. I wonder if any of these new generation bands can even come close to playing like that..

(haha nou pat konnin mwen te konn sa yo huh) Very Happy

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
ou fe'm sezi wi, tifi...
ou sou men'w wi...
eske se papa'w ki montre'w fe bel pa sa yo tou?
in case yo pat konnen, Dadoufoune is an excellent dancer...
mwen bay nouvel la pou wou... Laughing Laughing
_________________
BAT CHIEN AN, TANN MET LI!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address

Author Message
daphnee



Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 28099
Location: Under the witness protection plan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay Brooklyn wrote:
daphnee wrote:
I just started listening to Webert Sicot and what a find that was...good stuff. Mi Padre put me on. One of my faves is "Jwi lavi'w" The trumpets and horns in Cadence rampa are awesome. I wonder if any of these new generation bands can even come close to playing like that..

(haha nou pat konnin mwen te konn sa yo huh) Very Happy

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
ou fe'm sezi wi, tifi...
ou sou men'w wi...
eske se papa'w ki montre'w fe bel pa sa yo tou?
in case yo pat konnen, Dadoufoune is an excellent dancer...
mwen bay nouvel la pou wou... Laughing Laughing



lol Laughing Laughing Laughing JBK pa komanse but yep depi'm pitit se mi padre ki montre'm bagay sa yo Laughing Laughing

but as for cadance rampa abnd Webert Sicot...bon bagay nette...I would love for some bands to play like that kounye a..I really do like it! Very Happy
_________________
"Mwen di non, AYITI PAP KRAZE!!!!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Author Message
Jay Brooklyn



Joined: 27 Sep 2006
Posts: 21884
Location: Brooklyn, USA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daphnee wrote:
Jay Brooklyn wrote:
daphnee wrote:
I just started listening to Webert Sicot and what a find that was...good stuff. Mi Padre put me on. One of my faves is "Jwi lavi'w" The trumpets and horns in Cadence rampa are awesome. I wonder if any of these new generation bands can even come close to playing like that..

(haha nou pat konnin mwen te konn sa yo huh) Very Happy

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
ou fe'm sezi wi, tifi...
ou sou men'w wi...
eske se papa'w ki montre'w fe bel pa sa yo tou?
in case yo pat konnen, Dadoufoune is an excellent dancer...
mwen bay nouvel la pou wou... Laughing Laughing



lol Laughing Laughing Laughing JBK pa komanse but yep depi'm pitit se mi padre ki montre'm bagay sa yo Laughing Laughing

but as for cadance rampa abnd Webert Sicot...bon bagay nette...I would love for some bands to play like that kounye a..I really do like it! Very Happy


Dafoufoune, pouki rezon ou panse ke'm renmen Zenglen konsa?
se bon kadans ranpa Zenglen ap jwe wi....
se pa nenpot jazz ki ka jwe kadans la...
fok ou gen bon mizisyen lan jazz la...
fok anwo'm bon, anba'w bon elan mitan'w menm se pa pale...
fok ou konn bat bon tanbou epi fok ou konn soufle bon jan van...
se pa yon mizik ki fasil non...
se pa bouyi vide, se bagay mizisyen normal, mizisyen ak talan..
al tande kek mizik zenglen epi wa vinn pale ave'm... Wink
_________________
BAT CHIEN AN, TANN MET LI!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address

Author Message
Staff Poze 2



Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 3435
Location: Washington D.C/Maryland

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay Brooklyn wrote:
daphnee wrote:
Jay Brooklyn wrote:
daphnee wrote:
I just started listening to Webert Sicot and what a find that was...good stuff. Mi Padre put me on. One of my faves is "Jwi lavi'w" The trumpets and horns in Cadence rampa are awesome. I wonder if any of these new generation bands can even come close to playing like that..

(haha nou pat konnin mwen te konn sa yo huh) Very Happy

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
ou fe'm sezi wi, tifi...
ou sou men'w wi...
eske se papa'w ki montre'w fe bel pa sa yo tou?
in case yo pat konnen, Dadoufoune is an excellent dancer...
mwen bay nouvel la pou wou... Laughing Laughing



lol Laughing Laughing Laughing JBK pa komanse but yep depi'm pitit se mi padre ki montre'm bagay sa yo Laughing Laughing

but as for cadance rampa abnd Webert Sicot...bon bagay nette...I would love for some bands to play like that kounye a..I really do like it! Very Happy


Dafoufoune, pouki rezon ou panse ke'm renmen Zenglen konsa?
se bon kadans ranpa Zenglen ap jwe wi....
se pa nenpot jazz ki ka jwe kadans la...
fok ou gen bon mizisyen lan jazz la...
fok anwo'm bon, anba'w bon elan mitan'w menm se pa pale...
fok ou konn bat bon tanbou epi fok ou konn soufle bon jan van...
se pa yon mizik ki fasil non...
se pa bouyi vide, se bagay mizisyen normal, mizisyen ak talan..
al tande kek mizik zenglen epi wa vinn pale ave'm... Wink

Eddy Germain the conga player is well aware of Cadence Rampa, however our friend Plaisir told me that when he asked Ritchie about Cadence Rampa Ritchie said that he still have to study the work of Webert Sicot...in other words he is not there yet.....The question was asked recently at the press conference of Ritchie's latest album.
So if we have to give credit where credit is due....I will give it this time to the conga player Eddy Germain.
_________________
Did you read your "Konpa Encyclopedia" today...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Author Message
Staff Poze 2



Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 3435
Location: Washington D.C/Maryland

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay you also have a point when you said that Cadence was more complicated. I was talking about that last night on the show Caraibes By Night with Ladouceur Mejuste. I said that the reason the Haitian bands moved on with Compas Direct instead of Cadence Rampa is because Compas is much easier to perform. The big difference is on the conga beat and the cow bell (Tom and Gong) and one of the things that I like about Cadence Rampa is the way the combine the graj and the Tcha Tcha to make them part of the percussion line....I think I did a post about that before....So when you are listening to the band....there is a combo which is like having a double percussion line....one in the front with the singers and one in the band dèyè. I know that many bands used that format until recently (Tropic and Septen still do it/Cubann is also known for that too) but the beauty of Cadence Rampa is the way that Maestro Webert Sicot managed the beat.
I also declared the year 2010…the year of Cadence Rampa….and I asked that the radio show hosts add some Cadence Rampa in their programs.

Jay B I will try over the weekend to add some songs, and the idea of this thread is for our fellow posters to add some as well. I don't think Pat will have a problem because they are not songs from a new band, but instead the idea is to share and to educate in this 50th anniversary of Cadence Rampa.
There is a song that is quite interesting...it is the one when Sicot said that Nemours used to call him Professor in 1954/1955...
_________________
Did you read your "Konpa Encyclopedia" today...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Author Message
Jay Brooklyn



Joined: 27 Sep 2006
Posts: 21884
Location: Brooklyn, USA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STaFF PoZé wrote:
Jay Brooklyn wrote:
daphnee wrote:
Jay Brooklyn wrote:
daphnee wrote:
I just started listening to Webert Sicot and what a find that was...good stuff. Mi Padre put me on. One of my faves is "Jwi lavi'w" The trumpets and horns in Cadence rampa are awesome. I wonder if any of these new generation bands can even come close to playing like that..

(haha nou pat konnin mwen te konn sa yo huh) Very Happy

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
ou fe'm sezi wi, tifi...
ou sou men'w wi...
eske se papa'w ki montre'w fe bel pa sa yo tou?
in case yo pat konnen, Dadoufoune is an excellent dancer...
mwen bay nouvel la pou wou... Laughing Laughing



lol Laughing Laughing Laughing JBK pa komanse but yep depi'm pitit se mi padre ki montre'm bagay sa yo Laughing Laughing

but as for cadance rampa abnd Webert Sicot...bon bagay nette...I would love for some bands to play like that kounye a..I really do like it! Very Happy


Dafoufoune, pouki rezon ou panse ke'm renmen Zenglen konsa?
se bon kadans ranpa Zenglen ap jwe wi....
se pa nenpot jazz ki ka jwe kadans la...
fok ou gen bon mizisyen lan jazz la...
fok anwo'm bon, anba'w bon elan mitan'w menm se pa pale...
fok ou konn bat bon tanbou epi fok ou konn soufle bon jan van...
se pa yon mizik ki fasil non...
se pa bouyi vide, se bagay mizisyen normal, mizisyen ak talan..
al tande kek mizik zenglen epi wa vinn pale ave'm... Wink

Eddy Germain the conga player is well aware of Cadence Rampa, however our friend Plaisir told me that when he asked Ritchie about Cadence Rampa Ritchie said that he still have to study the work of Webert Sicot...in other words he is not there yet.....The question was asked recently at the press conference of Ritchie's latest album.
So if we have to give credit where credit is due....I will give it this time to the conga player Eddy Germain.


Laughing Laughing Laughing
I had that convo with Plaisir and he told me that he kind of blind-sided the maestro... Laughing Laughing
bon sanble Ritchie ap jwe Sicot san'l pat konnen...
bon leu misye finn etudye Sicot menm, yo pap ka kinbe'l.... Laughing Laughing
_________________
BAT CHIEN AN, TANN MET LI!


Last edited by Jay Brooklyn on Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address

Author Message
vava



Joined: 29 Oct 2008
Posts: 5394
Location: Boston, MA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS STAFF... GOOD STUFF Wink

I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT "CADENCE RAMPA" SOUNDS LIKE. WHERE WOULD I FIND THOSE TUNES??
_________________
~ ou pa ka gason, pou groupie yon lot gason konsa... ou ka apresye yon artist, men le'w komanse ap joure fanm, derespekte moun... ah monche sa se yon problem Sad
nou we kote'w kanpe deja, no more to prove~
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Geo Visitors Map


Powered by phpBB © 2001,2003 phpBB Group  Silver_Xire background picture © BaRiMzI. made by  BaRiMzI